HP ProDesk 400 G4 Micro Tower - 7th Gen Pentium G4560 2C/4T, 8GB DDR4 - $119.00 (seller accepts $90 offers)

HP ProDesk 400 G4 Micro Tower - 7th Gen Pentium G4560 2C/4T, 8GB DDR4 - $119.00 free shipping OBO

Data Sheet
7th gen QuickSync
Faster CPU than the HP 290
8GB of RAM, so no upgrade needed
Use this NVMe adapter.
PCIe config is 2 x16 physical, electrical config is x16/x4

2 Likes

Seller accepted $110. Just what I needed for a little off-site transcode box project. Thanks!

How many 1080 Transcodes will be possible with this vs the HP 290?

Seller accepts $90, allegedly.

How many 1080 Transcodes will be possible with this vs the HP 290?

The same amount, if not more. The CPU is faster.

Thanks, so if I want to direct stream 4k from my NAS 4.0 killer and transcode 1080 I will be ok to do so? Sorry this is my first time hosting my own server and PLEX.

Oh yeah, totally. This is a great box for that, just make sure you use a SSD for your OS. I’d recommend a 250-500GB NVMe if possible.

Awesome!! Thanks

1 Like

If/when you need help setting it up, make a post over in #builds:jdms-hardware-transcoding-builds and we can help you there.

Or on the discord!

1 Like

Will do! Thanks for the help!

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Just bought mine for $90 as well!!

1 Like

Accepted $90 almost immediately/automatically :+1:

2 Likes

Would this work well for strictly running blue iris? 3-5 2mp cameras max.

Yes, it will!

1 Like

Just picked one up for $90. If I wanted more power would it possible to upgrade the processor on this?

The spec sheet lists up to 65W processors, I would assume you could drop one of those in without problems. That said I’ve not tried myself.

JDM, The SFF and the Micro Tower are actually slightly different - your title says Micro Tower, but you linked the SFF spec sheet. And the ebay listing is also the SFF model. Just FYI - you might want to edit the title

Got mine today, nice little system. Has anyone tried booting from an nvme adapter? Since it’ll be offsite I was thinking of slapping a big HDD in the disk spot and booting from nvme. Just wanted to check before ordering a disk.

I am booting Ubuntu from mine. I am sure you would just got to the bios menu and set where you want to boot from. I haven’t thought about what hdd I want to install but I plan on doing that next. Hope this helps

1 Like