I’m getting ready to move to unRAID from Cloudbox with all the GSuite drama to be safe. I just bought 10 of the WD 12Tb enclosures and 2 14Tb for parity. I’m currently just getting everything ready and watching SpaceInvader One videos.
The only issue I have read about with physical drives is the read/write process from multiple users at the same time. Let’s say 10 people watching different shows but all located on the same drive. Will this be an issue or at what point could multiple streams cause read/write issues? I do plan to run Plex and it’s DB from an NVME and load what I can to RAM.
- Mobo - GA-7PESH 4
- CPU - 2 of Intel Xeon E5-2670 v2
- RAM - 4x [SK Hynix PC3-12800R DDR3 1600MHz ECC 16 x 16Gb = 256Gb ]
*GPU for transcoding – ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1060 Mini
- NVMe for Plex - Intel 660p 2Tb
- HDD - 10 of 12Tb WD White lable
- Parity - 2 of 14Tb WD White label