[Guide] Updating your LSI SAS Controller with a UEFI Motherboard

It’s been a while since I’ve messed with all that and my memory aint what it used to be. I think when the system is booting up you can hit something like Control + C (it should say on the screen) and it will go to the prompt that tells you what mode it’s in among other features.

I messed around and I think I bought the wrong card for my Chenbro project…wasn’t paying close enough attention and ordered a 9280-4i4e. I think maybe I can just put this in JBOD mode instead of IT mode. Near as I can tell there isn’t a way to flash it to IT mode.

edit 2: seller agreed to cancel that order and I ended up buying a 9212-4I4E so we’ll see how that works.

I just signed up to thank you. I’ve been having a lot of trouble with LSI 9212-4i SAS controller card to make it work in IT mode and tried every other forums, but without any luck. But suddenly your post popped up and it saved the day for me. I used your guidelines to flash the 9212-4i to IT mode (Just replaced the firmware from 9211 to 9212). Thanks a bunch man. You’re a true life saver and this is what internet is meant for.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Glad you got it sorted.

1 Like

First post in the forum although I’ve followed it for quite some time now, just to shoot a BIG THANK YOU!
I’ve been reading through a lot of your posts that helped me big time to build my rig and that particular guide is just perfect. Applied to the letter and boom it worked! :pray: :ok_hand:

1 Like

What is the difference between these instructions and Flashing add-in LSI SAS 2008 (9201, 9210, etc.) — Serverbuilds.net?

sas2flsh -o -e 6
sas2flsh -o -f 2108it.bin -b mptsas2.rom

UEFI vs BIOS (legacy)

The different parameters (6 vs. 7 and additional bin files) are due to UEFI vs BIOS?

The different numbers for the erase option are which areas of the flash are cleaned.

1 Like

hello, did you resolve the issue?

Please try covering B5 and B6 pins and inserting it in the PCIe slot.

check this link

Here is a USEFUL link from Broadcom,

link

Please be mindful of

FLASH & FLSH

Here is a table from the link, please refer to the link for more details.

1 Like

Hello, this photo shows the LSI 9207-8i from eBay. It is in IT mode apparently, but not indication on whether it works with a UEFI motherboard. Can this be determined from this photo?

s-l1600
healthpoint federal way

Wow.
Worked perfectly. Flashed my LSi card and worked straight away.
Somebody that knows what they are doing!