[Guide] Real-time Plex-to-Discord Notifications with Tautulli

Just insert the code in the “Data” tab for recently added where it says “JSON Data” and leave “JSON Headers” empty.

hey thank you for your help.
i didn’t see the picture :slight_smile:

So followed the guide and the test notifications go through without an issue.

But nothing happens when I add anything to the server. It never sends any notification. Any ideas? Tautalli is working, Plex is, Discord webhook like I said works during test. Notifications worked when I was using Slack, but now that I switched they don’t work on Discord.

Is your discord webhook using discord.com or discord.app?

try discordapp.com/whateverhookcrapgoeshere instead of discord.com/whateverhook crap

Literally just had to do this for the forums.

1 Like

@faultline is correct. It appears that discord changed what is generated to discord.com but some apps still rely on the old discordapp.com webhook address

So changed to discordapp.com Test Notifcation still works and hits the discord channel but still no activity when a file is added.

Hey any possibility to add a link to the trailer (the big image) 9youtube or what ever ) instead of the description movie ? could be amazing ! thanks

I’m not sure what you’re asking exactly but this option is probably limited to the options that Tautulli provides

Can you screenshot the triggers and conditions tabs?

Where exactly do you put the code in?
I just can’t find it in either discord or Tautulli

Very similar to OPs guide if you follow “2. Primary Setup” except use regular Webhook, Recently Added as trigger, and in Data tab open Recently Added and the code in JSON Data leaving headers blank. You may want to add conditions to not include a Music library if you use that, optional if needed.

1 Like

It’s late to answer your question, but I was configuring this and had the same issue.
I found the problem in the log…the “Subject” cannot be blank. Tautulli dev’s should really make this a required field to save the form.

2022-08-12 15:26:37 - ERROR   :: Thread-3 : Tautulli Notifiers :: Discord notification subject cannot be blank.

still doesnt work

Animated GIF

BRO IVE BEEN TRYING FOR LIKE 2 HOURS NOW THERES NO WAY iT WORKS HOW DO I GET IT WORIKING PLS

Have you tried reading?

bro i tried everything you said in the post

maybe the method is different now?

Nothing has changed as far as I know. This method works and has worked for years. Suggesting Tautulli is ass tells me you probably have it setup incorrectly or don’t understand how to use it. The guide assumes you have prerequisite softwares set up correctly and without knowing why “tautulli is ass” we can’t account for user error.

Spamming this forum saying it’s bs and doesn’t work isn’t going to get you anywhere.