GA-7PESH2 BMC Recovery

So, at the moment,
bmc webgui access is forbidden 403 error with chrome or firefox web browser.
When USB key is wiring on motherboard, boot process is bugged.
lot bug of screen color hieroglyph, bios access very very long and F10 select boot order deactivated. So I will continue my investigation et fix this.

Alors flash bmc with 488 version, I will try with 888 version to see if bug disappear but, perhaps bug is due to very very old bios version compared to the last bmc firmware.

If somebody get help me it will be nice.

ok, level up again
now acces webgui bmc

to access when forbitten message, juste write ip adresse in the research bar, not port tcp usp and it will be ok

Hi, about my fru undifined information, i fix it like rhis process, use bmc web gui to flash bmc again but before, put in the same foldzr your 488.img firmware image and your default .fru file. Modify your .fru file using editor txt. Than, update bmx by using webgui interface and selected NOT backup user data configuration. unchech this case and it will upload .fru file creating and update fru information on bios at the nexte restart.

This only probleme a fou d is in the webgui, no data smbios is availiable but i don’t know if it is normal or not. I WILL BE BACK :joy:

Thank you @Johannes for the post and @MAGADE for the updates.

I have MZ72-HB0 with bricked BMC. I have tried to boot it using DOS and then flash the BMC using socflash.exe but it says “The BMC is protected, skip to update firmware image!!”

I cannot find the name of that port on GA-7PESH2 manual, on MZ72-HB0 there is a similar port called IPMB. So I am going to try that port.

I will be very happy if I can recover my BMC. Thank you for posting it.

Ok, hi men, so first, how did you connect to this screen? by using USB key?
You need to acces boot (bmc) consol via JTAG pin on your motherboard.
JTAG is manufacture port using to debug or programming motherboard (bmc injection firmware).

Search 4 pins with jtag inscription near of it.
Did you find it?

Hi @MAGADE ,

Thanks for your feedback.

To get to that screen, i create a DOS bootable USB using Rufus, then copy all the BMC firmware from gigabyte website into that USB key. Finally boots up the mobo from USB.

There is another pin called PCMBUS

It has serial pin and J1 jumper

No, forget your manual, it is not write on it cause it is a special port for repair team. Not for basic user.
So frit, find this 4 pin connector, secondly, install putty and tufts server.

by the same signal converter than me to access by UART protocol to consol bmc (boot)

You will need an other pc to install putty and tufts server on it.

Make good photo of all zone of your motherboard, I will take a look on the tag localisation.
You will also need voltmeter to discover the wiring schema of jtag port

I think I have found a very tiny 6 pins

The three pins on the top is labelled “U4016” and the bottom 3 pins are “PLC_JTAC”

Are they the right pins @MAGADE ? If not, I will keep looking for more.

I work in IT, I dont have problems using serial / TFTP / SecureCRT / Putty but i wouldnt know how to use voltmeter. I guess I am going to try every single combinations, there should be only 6 different ways to connect 3 pins.

UPDATE:

Because I am a new user and cannot post more than 3 times on the same topic, I had to edit this post instead.

I found more labelled with JTAC but they are not pins.

They are “1702_JTAC”, “1702 UART” and 2 pins “CASE OPEN”

Thanks to you, I focused on 4 pins only and found this labelled “BMC UART”. I think we have found the winner :slight_smile:

ANOTHER UPDATE:

So I can see another 4 pins on the bottom left corner of mainboard, below the last PCI slots. This one is labelled “BCM_UART”

I think it should be the previous BMC_UART, not BCM_UART. The name is similar and confusing. What do you think?

UPDATE:

Yes I will go for BMC_UART, it is next to the AST2400. I have ordered a couple different USB to UART card and I prob I would just guess which pin is which. Thanks for the offer with using voltmeter, I dont have voltmeter, so I would try to guess those pins. If I cannot find them, I will buy a voltmeter as a last resort.

I am off now. It’s been 2 days trying to sort this one out. I was going to give up before I found this threat. Thank again @MAGADE .

UPDATE:

Bought these 2 on ebay

So did you use 3.3V or 5.5V?

UPDATE:

Thanks for the advice and I am taking it. I am thinking to get this voltmeter, it is cheap. Will it work?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/cobra-hobbyist-multimeter_p0106870

find a 4 pin JTAG

i will help you to use voltmeter but first find JTAG

take a look on the left bottom motherboard corner, I saw on a picture a for also but impossible to read inscription

in my mind, use BMC_UART near of ASpeed AST 2400 chipset. It is more logic to find tag there near of chipset

have you a voltmeter? to discovered wiring diagram? You have to find ground, RX TX and 3.3Vsense, only RX TX and ground needed.

use the same signal converter of me, I work for sure and you can ajuste 3.3V and 5.5V.

me I used 3.3V, I apologized that gigabyte use always 3.3V and don’t forget that usb use 5V!!! So I recommend to use the same converter than me. it is more advice to be patient and use same module and take time to find voltmeter to decrease risk of broke motherboard by testing blind pin

@MAGADE

This is an official warning. Please condense your posts, use the edit button. There is no reason to create a new reply every time. 7 in a row is a little much.

Soryy man I leaving this forum, fucking to much rules. Good luck. I was here to help people, not to be take like a children.

So JDM DELETE MY ACCOUNT!!!

Spam is against the rules on every forum. You are spamming.