Bitdeals.tech - question

Has anyone ordered from them recently? I placed an order a week ago and haven’t heard anything since. Looks like they haven’t been active on here for over a year.

They take like a month to ship out.

I placed an order on August 21st and haven’t received any tracking info or updates. I’ve tried contacting them by calling and opening up support tickets and no one will respond. Now I’m trying to get my money back.

I just got notice that a shipping label was created, but hasn’t actually shipped yet. Progress I guess.

Yeah, I don’t have a positive experience with BitDeals.

I made my first-ever order with BitDeals on 29 March, I knew there would be a 2-3 week delay before being shipped out which was no issue to me. I was still acquiring parts for my build.

The thing is, my shipping label was made a month later on 29 April and drives weren’t even sent out from their warehouse! I was talking to their customer support via email throughout this and when I finally asked for a refund I was told as it was over 90 days since my order was made so I would have to open up a dispute via PayPal to get a full refund.

When I opened that dispute on 8 June I included all the receipts. Instead of a refund which I requested, I was told my drives were finally shipped out that day, how convenient.

16 June the drives finally arrived. 79 Days so far in this journey.

2 were faulty on arrival, I was told I had the option between a refund for those 2 drives or I’d be given 2 replacements. Silly me left a gap in the dispute and was sent the tracking info for 2 drives before I could accept the refund offer.

Edited this because: I didn’t accept the replacement offer. I stated I did need 2 drives but had a valid concern about avoiding drives that fail initial SMART Tests or show errors on arrival after being made to wait for them – again. I didn’t accept or decline the refund offer so they sent out drives instead of responding to my concerns.

Cue another 100 days of waiting for those 2 replacement drives… I only just got them a day ago and still have to test but that’s 179 days total (if these 2 drives aren’t duds) for this journey to get a few drives to build my first home server. About 49% of the year.

For a direct comparison, a deal was shared here for the same drives on eBay.
I ordered them on 21 April and they arrived on 3 May. Less than 2 weeks.

The drives have arrived, and I’ve run badblocks on them, that and SMART report no errors. Here’s my timeline.
Order placed: 9/22
Emailed and asked about order status: 9/29
Shipping label created: 10/2
Response to email stating current fulfillment estimate is 5-10 business days: 10/4
Package shipped: 10/7
Package arrived: 10/12

One of the drives arrived with damaged pins, I contacted support on the 13th and have yet to hear back.

Unfortunately, this sounds familiar, and my research (too late) shows its been going on for years. In December, after speaking directly with the person thought to be the owner (Michael) I ordered 54 4TB SATA drives at $18 each, and two LSI cards at $15 each, along with the cable bundles at $20 each, for a total of $1042. Michael seemed like a genuine honest guy, assuring me that the company had won awards for “always having almost every drive in stock”. I paid via credit card, but the drives never arrived. First, the owner claimed my order was packed, but flooding prevented pickup. Finally, they shipped, but there was no tracking number. Calls to the main number went directly to voicemail. Calls and texts to the owner went unanswered. Once, I got the owner on the phone, who apologized that his answering service (Grasshopper) wasn’t forwarding calls properly, and that he had a new cell; that I should use his alternate cell to contact him directly. He assured me that my order shipped. Unfortunately - he said he couldn’t get to a computer to get my tracking number but would send it, and the order was scheduled to arrive the following week. It never arrived, and again, calls, texts, and emails went unanswered. I called my credit card company and initiated a dispute. Later - at the main number, I got someone to answer and cold transfer me to Michael, who said it had shipped and should be there soon, and now to use his original cell number. And then, again - radio silence until today, when, after being promised my order had shipped and would arrive, I was told that when the credit card company got involved, BitDeals had “pulled the order back” and responded to the credit card company. The credit card company said they’ve heard nothing from BitDeals and asked for all the documentation, which, luckily, I had in email.

Had I not involved the credit card company, and made sure my communications were documented, I don’t know how long this would have dragged out. Evidently, there’s a history of customers being ghosted, not getting their orders, and being unable to get a response.

At this point, I recommend everyone avoid and chargeback when necessary.

Yeah, my brother ordered 4 drives in December and hasn’t heard a peep from them since then. Order went into fulfilment on Dec 14th and hasn’t moved since then. No contact from the company.

Not sure what else to do. I guess charge back and find a different drive supplier like the man says above.

1 Like

Charge back.

Rhinotech has been extremely reliable. They are offering the following deals on drives right now: