[USA-IL] NSFW Anniversary - Dual Xeon E5-2690 - Gigabyte GA-7PESH2 - Micron 96GB ECC

ANNIVERSARY NSFW BUILD

After splitting out some services to quicksync boxes and fanless clients, building a much lower powered server, and moving to a smaller home, I’m looking to sell what remains of my ANNIVERSARY NSFW BUILD. I used the PSU and hard drives from this build but it is otherwise complete, so would just need a PSU and your choice of storage to run again. I have a 64GB ssd I can toss in for an OS drive by request.

Components

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-7PESH2

• Description from the 2018 build:

This is without a doubt the best dual socket 2011 board you can get for the money. Under $200 for LSI SAS2008 onboard (gives 2 SAS2 port which support 8 HDD’s, or more with an HP Expander), IPMI, 2xSATA 3, dual 10GbE via an onboard Intel X540 (10GbE Base-T no less), and plenty of PCI-E expansion. The onboard SAS is worth about $40, and the onboard 10GbE is worth about $140. It isn’t oversized like the X9DRI-LN4F+, so it will fit in standard SSI-EEB/E-ATX compatible chassis. It also has an improved BIOS and BMC/IPMI from the previous model GA-7TESM. Really, it’s the ultimate motherboard, one that will be hard to top in the future.

I will include the 2x SFF-8087 to SATA breakout cable I have along with the GA-7PESH2. I have the IO plate for this board so that will be included as well, along with the 2 big copper sinks the board came with originally.
I was also asked recently to verify if IPMI was working so I assigned an IP and verified I could bring up the page it served

CPUs: 2x Xeon E5-2690 8c/16t 3.8GHz
Specs for these CPUs.
I will include the Arctic 33 Heatsinks with these CPUs.
I believe I bought these as a matched pair.

Memory: 6x Hynix HMT42GR7BFR4C-RD 16Gb PC3-14900r ECC
Total: 96GB

Case: Rosewill RSV-L4412U 4U 12-bay hot-swap
My mistake if I have the model wrong, this is the case with the 12x hot swap bays accessible from the front. Some of the activity lights don’t work but otherwise functionality seems to be unaffected. I used this whole setup since mid-2019 and have no complaints other than this case takes up a lot of space.
I would prefer not to ship the case.

Pricing & shipping

• Gigabyte GA-7PESH2 mainboard: $150
  • 2x Xeon E5-2690 CPUs: $50 total for both
  • 6x Hynix HMT42GR7BFR4C-RD 16Gb pc3-14900r ecc memory: $10 each, $50 for all of them
  • Rosewill 12 bay chassis: $200 (Local pickup preferred

Local pickup available in Chicago, otherwise shipping will charged from 60609 at actual cost. Feel free to ask questions here or I am also available in discord.

That was fast. Sold locally.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.