[US-MO] Arris Surfboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 modem, Keychon K4 aluminum w/ yellow switches

-Replace all text with your own-

Item description:

1. Surfboard SB8200 DOCSIS 3.1 cable modem - $100 shipped OBO

Here’s the listing for the one I got from amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07DY16W2Z/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It was a warehouse item, rated “Very Good”. Modem is unused but doesn’t have the manual; I just ended up getting fiber when I moved. It doesn’t have that weird chipset issue some of the other surfboard line modems h ave. I think it’s a chipset thing anything, can’t remember… Seems like a good DOCSIS 3.1 modem if you’re doing your own routing.

1. Keychron K4 mechanical keyboard - aluminum version (RGB) w/ gateron yellow (linear) switches - $55 shipped OBO

The original keycaps on this are essentially unused, because they’re AWFUL and I replaced them immediately. I suggest you do the same. I don’t like linear switches, and I made some mistakes inside with pcb traces that necessitated a lot of messy looking (but entirely functional) bridging wires.

All the functions on the keyboard work, but ever since I got it i’ve had trouble making sure the windows/macOS switch interface actually caught the dip switch on the side of the pcb. Might need to unscrew the left side aluminum and make sure the plastic is seated on the selector switch. Otherwise, I’ve added drawer liner under the pcb in the case and re-lubed the stabilizers while I was in there de/re-soldering. I tested the keyboard pretty extensively after my jumper wire fixes and it is 100% working. Just like, don’t look. Haven’t had any issues with the battery or the wireless connectivity, but I’ve mostly used it in wired mode for the brief time I was typing on it.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of this; I’m dumping the keyboard because I have 6 others and things are getting a little out of hand (pls no bully)

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.