Supermicro X10DAL-I, Xeon E5 cpu choice, 6x8GB RDIMMS:
$200 + $20 shipping SOLD TO SILVER
- listing this a combo because I think I can ship it all in the same box. this was my old home server for a few years.
- Supermicro X10DAL-i motherboard. Works well except the first SATA port (of ten) is broken
- your choice of CPU, either a single E5-2680v4, or dual E5-2637v3 QS models. i’ve used both in it.
- 6x 8GB DDR4 RDIMMS. (note that one CPU can only drive 4 DIMMS)
HP H240 SAS HBA
$15 + $10 shipping SOLD TO SILVER
- 12gbps SAS controller.
- still uses older SFF-8087 connectors (more common for SAS2 drives), peak throughput is aroung 10gbps instead of 12gbps.
- used with both ESXI and linux and Windows
- available with either tall or low profile bracket
LSI 9260-4i SAS hardware RAID card
$5 + $10 shipping
- 6gbps SAS hardware RAID card
- does not have battery backup
- cannot run in IT mode
- it’s old, no longer supported natively by ESXi
- it worked fine with both windows and linux
CableCreation SFF-8087 to SATA breakout cable SOLD TO SILVER
$5 + $10
- 18 inches long
- works fine, just not with SAS drives
- I can include this in another package without extra shipping charge i think, otherwise cheaper off Amazon.