I followed a few posts/guides on here to get my Unraid and Plex server setup, but I’m having some permission issues/concerns.
- Share-1: NFS (Export=No, Sec=Private), SMB (Export=Yes, Sec=Private)
- Share-2: NFS (Export=No, Sec=Private), SMB (Export=Yes, Sec=Private)
- Share-3: NFS (Export=Yes, Sec=Private), SMB (Export=Yes, Sec=Private)
- User-1: Read/Write (All Shares)
- User-2: No Access (All Shares)
Plex Server (dedicated hardware separate from Unraid):
- Users: root account and separate user for Plex media access (creds match Unraid User-2)
- NFS is configured
I can successfully authenticate to all shares on Windows 10 with User-1 credentials (separate username/password from my Windows creds). I’m able to see all directories/subdirectories, I can create directories/files, but I’m not able to move/copy files from one share to another. I get a permission error for the “nobody” user. I’ve reset the credentials in Windows, restarted my Windows desktop and the Unraid server and I’m still getting the same error.
Plex is up and running fine without any issues that I can tell so far. Until I started digging into the first issue I didn’t realize that I didn’t give User-2 access to any of the shares. How is the Plex user account able to access files on the Unraid share if that user has “No Access” for all shares?