Toshiba XD5 M.2 22110 2TB Enterprise NVMe SSD - $124.97

i was too late. sold out. nice deal/find.

I got one of these, however unable to get it to show up in exsi (tried 6.5, 6.7GA, 6.7U3, 7), not on the HCL list.

It should work fine, itā€™s just a standard NVMe driveā€¦

Adding my benchmarks and use to the database.
Installed it onto an Asus x570 TUF. Included heatsink doesnā€™t quite cover up the entire drive (exposed corner visible), and the cover was a hassle to put on when the mobo is already installed in the case. Not too much of a problem but thought it was worth noting.
Existing drive there was a 1 TB Sabrent Rocket 3.0 and I used a Sabrent tool free m.2 enclosure to move the files over.
Never thought Iā€™d actually ever install a 22110 on this board but having compatibility for one really worked out.
Sustained writes with TUF heatsink drive reached 51C (23C Ambient)

1 Like

exsi has compat issues with many nvme drives, hp ex920 doesnā€™t show in 6.7u3 either. Anyone moved a windows installation to this? I am hitting a 4k bytes per sector issue in macrium. This is a 4k bytes/sector drive and my old nvme (ex920) is 512ā€¦

You wonā€™t be able to clone un-like BPS drives, unless thereā€™s a method that Iā€™m unaware of.

Yeah, finding the same here. If I pass the drives through to a guest then they work just fine.

I did find some posts stating that a firmware update fixed some guys SSD and that possibly injecting a different NVME driver into the ESXi ISO might work. Not sure what to do with them now as Iā€™d planned on using them as a datastore.

It looks like 6.7 u2 and up added NVMe spec 1.3 and anything not conforming to that isnā€™t recognized. The solution was to use the NVMe driver from 6.5. u2 on the 6.7 install (details here Quick Tip ā€“ Crucial NVMe SSD not recognized by ESXi 6.7 & 7.0)

Doesnā€™t work - that was one of the posts to which I was referring.

Yeah, I tried it with 6.5u2 and it wonā€™t show up. One more thing (I cannot try it since I am not at my computer), need to make sure that there is no Intel RST driver loaded in the BIOS, typically it means disabling Intel Optane support in the bios if such an option is thereā€¦

Mine just got delivered finely from the freight forwarders, unfortunately missed out on the popsicle sticks :frowning: :crazy_face:
Same as everyone elses pretty much unused:

Toshiba NVME 1.92TB

Toshiba NVME 1.92TB Speeds MB

Just sussing out getting this in my unraid server as my new cache drive!

1 Like

Just got around to checking these with Crystal Disk Info. Looks good. Putting one in an Icy Dock ICYNano MB861U31-1M2B. The other goes in the server.

Are there any updated link for this nvme?

At the moment, no - thereā€™s basically nothing on the market that I would consider a ā€œgood dealā€.

thereā€™s a good deal of shitty prices

Itā€™s a sellers market.

GPUsā€¦OMG. Glad I donā€™t need or want one.

I put a i5-6500 on ebay yesterday and it sold almost as quickly as I listed it so apparently I under valued it at 79 bucks.