SuperMicro X9SCM-F - Troubleshooting Potentially Dead Board

Welp - fairly certain my SuperMicro x9scm-f board died. Server had been running with no issue for nearly a year and I decided to add 2 drives and swap all case fans out yesterday and it would no longer start up. The CPU fan and one case fan would spin up and down, continuously.

System Specs

• SuperMicro x9scm-f
  • Intel Xeon E3-1220 v2 SR0PH 3.10GHz
  • Kingston 2x4GB 2Rx8 PC3-12800E DDR3 1600MHz 1.5V ECC UNBUFFERED UDIMM Memory
  • 2x shucked 8TB WD drives (1x for Parity)
  • 4x HGST 8TB SAS3 7.2k 3.5" HDD (2 were added yesterday, 1x was going to be for 2nd parity drive) - Kingston 120gb SSD for VM
  • SK Hynix 500gb SSD for Cache
  • EVGA - W3 Series 450W ATX 12V/EPS 12V 80 Plus Power Supply (EVGA B-Stock) Replaced yesterday with: EVGA - BR Series 700W
  • IBM M5110 = LSI 9207-8i IT w/ LSI P20 IT Mode ZFS Ready HBA Adaptor
  • Tiergrade Superspeed 7 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion

Troubleshooting Steps

• Went out and bought a new PSU and had the same issues.
  • Removed all pci boards (USB expansion, SAS board)
  • Tried only having one drive hooked up (then tried none)
  • Re-seated the RAM - Tried RAM in different slots (1 stick at a time)
  • Pulled CPU and re-seated - Pulled Mobo and checked stand-offs to ensure no extras causing a short - Only one case fan would run alongside CPU fan. Seems like only one other fan header on the board worked (ran all fans to that header, one at a time, and they all spun up and behaved like the CPU fan, spin up then down, then up then down)
  • Tried running only mobo/cpu/cpu fan (pulled everything else)

Other notes:

• IPMI Heartbeat was pulsing
  • LE4 was lit (means there is power, from my understanding)

I did buy another board, which should arrive sometime this week, but wanted to know if there was anything else I should try in the mean time?

Just out of curiosity what case are you in and what is cooling the cpu?

Fair questions:

• be Quiet! BK008 Pure Rock Slim - CPU Cooler
  • Fractal Designs Define R2

I’ll add them to the original post as well.

When you did the psu swap, you swapped it fully - cables and all - right?

Yep! The only re-used item was a SATA power extension cable/splitter (was recommended on the discord) but I did disconnect that and ran normal cables to one drive to see if it helped (omitting SAS card and SATA Power Splitter).

My issue has been resolved by swapping motherboards. I’m not sure what caused my old one to die, but I did swap it out for the same make/model and things are working as expected now.