I recently purchased another SuperMicro motherboard, model X9DRH-iF.
Unfortunately, when I updated it to the latest BIOS & BMC the iKVM feature stopped working.
What happens is the
launch.jnlp applet gets downloaded (accessing IPMI via
https://), but upon starting it I’m faced with such error message:
Now some detailes:
** BMC version: 03.62
** BIOS version: 3.3
** CPUs: Intel E5-2609l
** 2x16GB DDR3 ECC
** 2x8GB DDR3 ECC
- Windows 10 20H2 19042.685
- ArchLinux w/ Firefox
- both running Java 8u271
Troubleshooting steps I took so far:
solarkennedy/ipmi-kvm-dockerto launch the KVM console
- reflashing BMC (to the same FW version)
- using different PC (both Windows 10 and Linux )
- using older Java version
- clearing BMC settings ( = reset to factory defaults )
- cleared java cache files
- set java to direct connect instead of using browser settings
- updated time/date settings in BMC/BIOS ( they seem to be using the same HW clock ? )
- changed java security settings to allow encrypting the connections with SSL2.0 (as well as I tested all TLS versions in java configuration)
- tried launching remote KVM via IPMIviewer from SuperMicro - it didn’t work neither!
- preview image is working fine on the main page of IPMI
- I do have tried turning it off and on again
I checked if KVM from other board would work - and I successfully launch KVM console on X9SCM-F board running BMC firmware version 03.52.
What can I do to get this feature back?
Have you ever faced similar issue?
Can I downgrade the BMC firmware? Where can I get older version from? Didn’t find it anywhere ;/