Suggestions for Tesla K80 Power and cooling?

I followed the anniversary-2-0-snafu-server guide.

I have the server operational. I went with a Supermicro SSG-6047R-E1R24N with DUAL PWS-920P-SQ power supplies.

I’m looking for suggestions on how to power and cool a Nvidia Tesla K80 in the chassis.

I was able to get a 2x4pin molex to PCIe GPU 8 pin power connect to two rails. I tried it briefly with a RTX 2060 and it worked fine. Looking at the Tesla, it looks like it needs two 8 pin PCIe GPU plugs for power with an adapter. I could get another adapter, I’m worried about overloading the rails though. Anyone have power and cooling suggestions?

Looks like the Tesla K80 uses 4+4-pin EPS power?

Uses 8-pin CPU power or 2× 8-pin PCIe to single 8-pin CPU with an adapter. The built in Powersupply doesn’t seem to have extra of either of those connectors.

Both EPS and PCIe power are just 12v (but opposite polarity). Also, the manual specifies if you use their dongle/splitter, the two PCIe power connections should be from the same rail. So your 2xMolex-to-PCIe cable into one plug of the K80’s PCIe-to-EPS dongle should be fine.

For cooling, keep an eye on temps, and if needed you can ziptie a spare Arctic P12 aimed at the GPU, on a motherboard header.