[SOLD] Supermicro X8 MOBO, Dual L5640, 24GB DDR3-ECC, Noctua Cooler

Price: $140

Selling a used MOBO, RAM, CPU setup perfect for starting a server! Shipping from North Chicago, IL NOT included (Zip Code 60088). Being sold as a package, I would prefer not to split everything up.

This is a great setup for streaming, transcoding, VMs, you name it! I had this running smoothly with 4 SAS drives and decided to upgrade.

MOBO: Supermicro X8DT6-A-ISO18 ([X8DT6-F] (Super Micro Computer, Inc. - Products | Motherboards | Xeon Boards | X8DT6 / X8DT6-F / X8DTE / X8DTE-F) with a modified bios). This MOBO has 2x gigabit ethernet ports and a built in mini-SAS slots for connecting up to 8 drives. The BIOS has already been flashed to the IT mode so it is ready to go! No LSI PCI card needed! As I understand it, the BIOS was originally modified by Supermicro for a vendor’s needs but I have found no noticeable differences. I ran a plex server as well as Windows 10 VMs with no issues.

RAM: 6x Hynix 4GB 2RX4 PC3L-10600R DDR3-1333 ECC Registered Memory (24GB total)

CPU: Dual L5640 with Passive Coolers. I have added a 80mm Noctua NF-R8 1800 RPM 4-pin to each passive cooler, I have had no issues with cooling!

X8DT6-F

More pictures available upon request.

Is this still available?

Is this still available ?

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.