S5500bc BMC files

Hi everyone,

I am new to this group and to server hardware I have just got hold of a S5500bc board with a pair of E5640 and 16gb of ram. I am using a ATX case i already had and am having the issue with the fan running at 100% all the time. I have added the three case fans with ARCTIC F12 PWM and now have no errors showing but the fans are still running at full speed. I understand that the issue is the BMC file and the setting for non intel cases i have found a copy of the BMC file on here but am not 100% sure what i am doing when following the instructions on the post here. I was wondering if anyone has got a working BMC file that I can use or an more information i can use. Thanks

You need the full BMC update flash kit that will use that BC_BMC.sdr file. I had the same problem recently, that Intel no longer allow this to be downloaded since they stopped support for this board. I found an older BIOS update (55) that included the full set on a You Tube video. I’d previously updated the BIOS to 66 then 69, so that just got skipped.

Good luck.
Cheers,
Ferg