I am currently running UNRAID my R710 [2x X5675/96Gb DDR3ECC], but I am now completely out of drive expansion. the 6 sleds are WD 8Tb Reds for the array, 3x 256Gb NVME (across 2 cards), 2x 256Gb SSD 850Pro (running off the internal SATA ports and now running on an external PS).
My use case is Plex in a docker with the “-arrs” running, LMS, and drive hosting for Windows/Retropie/GameEx machines.
I’d like to add more drive space to my server in some way, shape, or form.
I currently have a bunch of parts laying around and really don’t know the best plan of attack, keep/sell/trade/??, like the following:
- MSI Z87-G45 with a i7-4590
- Supermicro X9XCL-F with a E3-1220v2
- Asus X99 Deluxe with a i7-6700k
- Asus X99E WS/USB 3.1 with an i7-6900k
- 8x 4Gb DDR4-2133 RAM sticks
- LSI SAS 9271-4i Controller
- Dell PERC H700 SAS Controller
- 2x Seasonic Platinum 860 Power supplies
- 2x ATI W7100 GfX cards
- Nvidia K5200 Quadro GfX card
I do not have any loyalty to any of these items unless they help the greater direction of my next/or improved server.
I have seen the newer builds listed here and would love to go in the NSFW builds with a L4500 or similar, but I defer judgement to the forum to be sure I’m not wasting gear I’ve got, underbuilding, or overbuilding.
I am open to any and all suggestions.
Thank you all in advance.