Quanta 12 Bay LFF 2 U server Semi barebones

QUANTA STRATOS S210-X22RQ 12 x LFF 2x SFF rear

Confirmed With Seller Comes with Trays.

Just add ram and drives

SERVER TYPE QUANTA STRATOS S210-X22RQ 2U RACK SERVER
PROCESSOR(S) 2x INTEL XEON 6 CORE E5-2620 2.0GHz
MEMORY NO RAM INCLUDED (24x RAM SLOTS AVAILABLE)
HARD DRIVES 12x 3.5 TRAY, 2x 2.5 TRAY
DRIVE BAYS 12x 3.5 LFF SAS/SATA/SSD BAYS +2x REAR 2.5 SSD BAYS AVAILABLE
RAID CONTROLLER QUANTA SAS 2108 512MB RAID CONTROLLER
EXPANSION SLOTS 5x PCIe LP SLOTS VIA RISER CARD, 2x MEZZANINE SLOTS FOR SFP AND RAID
POWER SUPPLY(S) DUAL POWER SUPPLIES
NETWORK CONTROLLER INTEGRATED DUAL PORT GIGABIT CONTROLLER
PORTS 2x RJ-45, 2x USB 2.0, 1x VGA PORT
GRAPHICS INTEGRATED ASPEED AST2300 8MB GRAPHICS
RAIL KIT NOT INCLUDED
CONDITION/WARRANTY USED, TEST BEFORE SHIP/30 DAYS WARRANTY

$96.00

• Good Deal
  • Mediocre Deal
  • Bad Deal

0 voters

That’s a super good deal.

I definitely don’t need it; but that’s a ton of bays and this is worth less than the price of a LGA2011 motherboard alone these days.

Not sure about the PSUs, seem to be proprietary and nothing about rating/loudness.

Would be great as a NAS. Would remove one of the CPUs and try to minimize the wattage if possible.

edit*

Some complaints for it after some research. Pretty loud. Proprietary everything. Not as good as Supermicro. Don’t expect any support.

Super good deal regardless.

The noise level is rarely a factor for actual servers in production environments, only for home use. This is not intended for home use, so any rating on noise level is likely third party.

Anyone have rail kit recommendations?

Edit: Apparently Dell C2100 rails should fit perfectly.

Anyone have updated BIOS and BMC firmware? Latest I’ve found is here: Quanta BIOS - Google Drive

Edit: I believe this is the latest for LSI 9260DE-8i, from 2015.
https://docs.broadcom.com/docs/12.15.0-0239zip

Edit 2: Success! I contacted Quanta and they were able to provide me with the latest firmware!

The S210-X22RQ server is EOL and “Out of Support” as well as “Out of Warranty”. Therefore, use of provided BIOS/BMC firmware update is provided with no implied support. User accepts all risks with use of this firmware update.

https://mapleleafmechanical-my.sharepoint.com/:f:/g/personal/owen_walpole_dev/Er2U7Awr03hEgKHf8KHOemEB6LfStGO2FVLdAuHggaFChw
Password is: serverbuilds.net

Edit 3 - merged post
I’ve heard Nidec H80E12BUA7-07T11 fans work and are a bit quieter, I have purchased some and will report back!

Edit 4: Nidec fans worked great and are quieter.