Plex Nas of a newbie, need your help to validate my shopping list

Hello everybody !

I’m new here and I’m french so sorry if my english is not perfect.

So, I have been a Synology user since 5 years or so and now the NAS starts to show some limitations.

I use my NAS for storage of course (documents, code, photos, videos) also as a web server and as a Plex server. The last part is what made me think of building my own NAS.

I started to read a lot (mostly here), but I must admit, I don’t understand a lot.

I managed to make a list of things to buy and I’m seeking for some kind of approval/validation by some experts or passionated people.

First, let’s start with the specs:

1. Plex: I need to transcode 2/3 4K at the same time
  2. HardDisk: I have 2, but about to upgrade to 4, and want to have the possibility to add more if necessary
  3. Energy efficient: I have no clue about what is a « green » NAS but if it can be energy efficient, I will be happy
  4. Docker: I’m a developper, so I always run a tons of container for my personal développements
  5. Photos: I’d like to be able to process photos (facial recognition, automatic resizing)
  6. Home Surveillance

So for my DIY NAS, I tried to compose with Builds found on the website, but the hardware is a bit aged. It does not bother me but it’s hard to find 2020/2021 hardware because it is always out of stock.

So here is my list:

• Case: fractal design node 304
  • Motherboard: ASRock H610M-ITX/ac Intel H610 LGA 1700 Micro ITX
  • CPU: Intel® Celeron G6900 processeur 4 Mo Smart Cache
  • RAM: Crucial CT16G4DFS8266 16 Go 1 x 16 Go DDR4 2666 MHz
  • CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S
  • SSD: Kingston NV1 NVMe PCIe, 500 Go, SSD
  • Power: SilverStone ST50F-ES230 500 W 24-pin ATX Aluminium

Can you take a look and tell me if on paper its coherent ?
Are the MB and CPU ok ? what else do you recommend ?
Is it ok to plug 6 HardDrive, or do I need to add some extension card ?
Is it upgradable (cpu, ram, …) ?
Do you have any remarks to make it better, more efficient, or simply less costly ?

Thank you very much for your help