I’d like to build server that will be used for a few purposes:
- Plex Server
- Retire an old netgear readynas. It has 4 drives with videos running in jbod config. I’d like to move those drives over the new server.
- Cetral log server for my home. Probably run something like Graylog
- Docker experimentation
Here is what I’m thinking right now. Would appreciate some feedback:
- CPU - i3 10100
- motherboard - ASRock H410M-HDV/M.2 Micro ATX LGA1200
- RAM 16GB
- HHD - 256 GB SSD (already own), 4 drives from NAS, maybe one additional 4tb drive for log data and docker images.
- Case - Chenbro Rackmount 4U Server Chassis RM42300-F (already own)
- CPU cooler TBD
- Sata expansion card - TBD
- Power supply - TBD
Would love you get your overall thoughts on this setup. I’d also appreciate any specific recommendations on PSU and sata expansion. I want to make sure I have enough for at least 6 drives, but don’t need a monster that’s gonna drive up the electric bill either.