Plex in network streaming issues

Wasn’t sure whether or not this was the correct place to post my request for help or not. Was hoping for some help directing me to what my issues may be. So summary of equipment being used in this situation. UnRAID running Plex Server. Xbox running Plex. HTPC running Plex and Kodi. I am mostly playing 4K content but not exclusively. When I try to play a 4K movie (fairly large files) on the Xbox Plex for the HTPC Kodi it can’t play. It starts showing it is getting the Atmos audio and 4K video but hangs after 30 seconds and starts again then hangs almost immediately. While doing this I was monitoring the server and network. There wasn’t any spikes in CPU, memory, network, or any other parameter I could detect. Same goes for my HTPC Kodi setup. My HTPC vitals never spiked either while playing/hanging up. The outlier and strange part is the HTPC plex player played without a hickup. Can anyone point me in the right direction for why Xbox plex and HTPC Kodi is having a serious issue and HTPC plex isn’t??? Any details I need to clarify to help?

Are they both connected gig-e? Are both set to play original quality?

yes, everything is on a 1 gig connection.

i need to check the xbox plex but Kodi is definitely set to play original and not transcode. what was interesting was HTPC plex player was set to transcode and never had an issue with hanging. I just changed it to Not process any video but it wasn’t having an issue anyways.