[Official] Supermicro X11SCV-Q LGA1151 Mini-ITX - Quick build

Not that I’m doubting you for a second, but where do you find the information on what connectors this power supply has. When I go to the Sparkle Power website I just find … general information about the SPI250F4BB (Note not BBB I assume the lister mistyped). On the part number any idea what the 4BB means? I’m guessing F = Flex ATX but don’t see any explanation on the site.

I have this PSU in two of my builds, that’s why I recommended it.

LOL, nothing beats having your hands on a piece of hardware. Well, I think I’m going to pull the plug and give buy this MB.

1 Like

You don’t have the power sw connected to the right pins in this picture

I am having a reboot issue with this motherboard.
Has to do with the PSU, but why/how eludes me.

With the FSP250 that came with the Chenbro chassis:
Reboots suddenly when accessing NVMe (same time or shortly after starting read/write)
Seems to be stable when booted from USB or SATA

With an old Dell NPS-250 PSU I had lying around:
No reboots (yet)

With a brand new EVGA 750
Reboots suddenly & randomly, doesn’t finish boot of anything

Before swapping PSUs, I previously swapped out every single other component: NVMe, mobo, CPU, RAM.
The only thing that stopped the reboots was my old salvage power supply, which I don’t want to use because the fan is noisy and annoying.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have narrowed it down to the ATX 2.0 additional 4 pins.
With them disconnected it ran all night (from NVMe) without rebooting.
Seems an effective countermeasure is to simply leave it disconnected.

But I feel like that is a “band-aid” rather than addressing the root cause.

On the one hand, it sure seems to be an issue with Supermicro X11SCV-Q.
Because same behavior occurred on two separate boards.

On the other hand, if it was a common problem other folks should also be having similar issues.
Could I have gotten two DOA PCBs in a row (blame it on bad luck or coincidence)?
Very strange.

Well it turns out this is not a universal solution.
I got this adapter:
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B0002GRQRW

So that I could use the PSU that came with the Chenbro (fixed 24-pin, not modular).
But the same reboot issue occurred!

So now I am back to using the new replacement PSU with the connections as shown above.
Can I just use it like this indefinitely, or should I be concerned?

I plan on using this in the U-NAS I bought back when they were available. I have a Unraid box already, so wanted to try this out for TrueNAS. Would the G5400T be enough for running a few docker containers (not plex), maybe nextcloud, bitwarden, Tailscale, maybe some type of photo organizer? Thanks!

Yeah, nothing you listed is particularly intensive. You can always upgrade later if you have to.

1 Like

The Chenbro front panel usb cable doesn’t fit onto this board’s USB 2.0 headers.
Looks like the board has ~1.5mm pin pitch versus chassis ~2mm pin pitch (I don’t have accurate enough tooling for good measurement).

Does anyone know if there are adapters available?

I have the same issue, the USB header pin spacing is non-standard. I searched the Supermicro website and found confirmation that; “It is true that the USB header on X11SCV-Q is smaller. Please use CBL-CUSB-0983 instead”
While factually true, I didn’t find the answer very helpful.
I did find that part number for sale on ebay; Supermicro CBL-CUSB-0983 USB 2.0,INT-EXT,2 PORT,TYPE-A/F-2X5F/P2.00, 20CM, 22/28 | eBay

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve had a saved search on ebay for a week or two hoping for other listings but no alerts triggered yet. Guess I’ll just order it up.

I purchased one of these SATADOMs and am having issues with it. I plug it into the orange SATA port and it isn’t detected. I searched the BIOS to see if there was a switch to enable it and didn’t find anything. I’m not using the power pigtail … should I? and if so is there a header on the board for it?

Did you give up on the satadom? I finally got around to this build and mine is also not working.

SW2 had issues with his satadom like a month ago. Mine is also not working. Please let me know if you find a solution. I will do the same.

I gave up…wasn’t worth the hassle to try to find a power cable that might work. Got tossed in the parts bin for use somewhere else maybe down the road.

FYI, this cable is too short for the Chenbro SR301 chassis.
Supermicro CBL-CUSB-0983 & Chenbro SR301

Also, seller took 8 days to ship after payment (still within eBay’s estimated delivery window, plus Independence Day weekend was in there too)

I don’t think it is the SATADOM. I tried another one I had laying around, only 2GB. It too isn’t recognized. There is either a BIOS setting or perhaps a pin setting on the motherboard somewhere. It isn’t my highest priority ATM, I’ve decided to run off a 500GB NVME and use two 1T SSDs for storage. But still it is annoying.

Same problem with my old Travla C159 (short 1U). But it allows me to hook up a USB keyboard & mouse and then have a port for my USB key.