[Official] serverbuilds.net CARE PACKAGE GIVEAWAY (pfSense + more) - ends 1/1/21

ENTRY

[Guide] NAS Killer 4.0 - fast, quiet, power efficient, and flexible - starting at $125

Can’t thank the ServerBuilds forum and discord community enough for all the help on building my UnRAID server. Been up and running for about a year now without any issues. Currently using it as my Plex server as well as general file storage. Happy new year to all!

ENTRY

This is what all started it for me, so this has a special place in my heart.
I’d been using an HP Mediasmart Server for years, and I outgrew it’s four drive bays, proprietary parts, and the subtraction of the drive pool feature from Home Server 2011. Enter Unraid, Plex, and the reintroduction of the digital lifestyle for me!

Thanks all!

ENTRY

I love plex alot. I bought their lifetime pass some time ago. I know they are getting hate now-a-days…but they still do pretty well. They constantly are updating or fixing stuff. I share a ton of stuff with friends and family, and enjoy being able to watch stuff wherever I am. I hope everyone has a happy new year! Here’s to hopefully at least a 6 (ish) month COVID free (or severally diminished) year.

Preference Package #2

ENTRY

https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-spice-up-your-rack-with-these-stylish-sexy-chassis-for-your-pfsense-build/5273

I really liked how you showed the many different designs companies have made for their 1U boxes. I had a lot of fun scrolling through and looking at how cool and colorful they look compared to the regular boring silver color. I hope that I will be able to customize or buy a nice looking chassis for one of my projects sometime soon.

Also, I would prefer Pack 1. Thank you!

ENTRY

Need a Proxmox Server

This one forced me to reconsider my motivations for building a server. I ended up using Proxmox anyway, but it informed the rest of the process and led to some much better planning. The result is still in progress, thanks you your youtube video on formatting 520b drives to 512b.

ENTRY

Have to say, I stumbled upon this form via the killer NAS 4.1 post. I was just looking to build a cheap server to run Plex and a few other helpful apps for myself and some friends. It was here I was introduced to UNRAID and just how cheap some used server hardware can be. Absolute game changers for my home builds. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and building such a great community. If I happen to win, I would love an HP 290. But I hope you first gift to those who might need it most. Anyways, back to lurking on the discord.

ENTRY

https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-nas-killer-4-1-supplemental-deals/2187?u=fo0

I had a simple 8tb synology nas to get my feet wet. I had it running plex and some media managers. After I decided I really liked the setup I started looking to upgrade and found the NAS killer guide. I built out my own system and have been upgrading the last few months. Currently have a 20 TB media library running on a 36 TB unraid server with 2 parity drives. I started with the above forum post but have learned a ton from this forum community and have a little server rack / home lab setup going now and plan to expand over time.

ENTRY

I found this thread about a year ago and it was my first dive into building a computer out of server grade parts. Although I haven’t bitten the bullet to buy parts, I am always eyeing the discord’s tech-deals channel, waiting for the day I do and setup my own self-hosted applications.

I would prefer the first package.

ENTRY

Hey fellas, I’m new to the forum but have been on the discord for quite a while now. I enjoy going through different builds and the tech-deals channel and learning stuff along the way. Thanks for doing this and Happy New Year to everyone!

I would prefer the first package.

1 Like

ENTRY

https://forums.serverbuilds.net/t/guide-hardware-transcoding-the-jdm-way-quicksync-and-nvenc/1408

I came from reddit after seeing JDM’s video on transcoding using the HP 290. I’ve completed a NK 4.0 build since then but have yet to post it here. I went with a SuperMicro MB and a Xeon CPU.

I’m looking to add a transcoding box now that I have my NAS built and a UPS from a recently posted deal.

ENTRY

My gateway drug by way of Reddit when I was researching Plex stuff. Brought me here and to the wonderful Discord!

ENTRY

Favorite post : [Guide] NAS Killer 4.0 - fast, quiet, power efficient, and flexible - starting at $125

basically the server killer guides, all of them really. I want to surprise my friend who is really into collecting and storing data, who has had a rough year. I wanted to give it some time to learn about it before I jumped into it, but if you got one all together that would be nice.

also the discord has been real helpful.

I am not even sure what prize is best, you know more than me heh.

-best

Who’s the winner so I can resume bidding and best offering on every 7th gen+ cheap box on ebay??? :joy: :joy: :joy:

1 Like

ENTRY

Used this guide to move my plex server from an Unraid docker to a Lenovo Ideapad 330. Now I don’t have any problems with transcoding multiple streams to my house and friends. This guide was clear and I have much better control over my Plex server. Thanks!
Package 1

1 Like

ENTRY

This reverse proxy guide is my favorite thing here. There’s so much incredible useful info but I learned so much from it. I also have really fond memories of struggling with it but then hopping on discord and Riggi walking me through it and finally figuring out the issue. Turns out I knew even less to begin with than he thought possible hahahahahaha! Anyway, happy new year everyone! Thanks to JDM and all the mods for making serverbuilds the amazing community and resource that it is!

Also, If I were to win I’d prefer package two but they’d both be awesome.

2 Likes

ENTRY

I loved the 850w power supply, was perfect for my under desk garage workbench no case build =)

1 Like

ENTRY

I really enjoyed this post I’m always interested by small builds. I haven’t had the need for a small build but that has not kept me from being tempted to build one like this. I like the simplicity and ability to have this in a more public location like a TV stand. I do still enjoy the flexibility that my large case gives and having extra PCIE slots is nice. But I may pair down in the future and move to a build like this one. Package 2 would be great if I happened to win, though package 1 would mean I would probably do this build. lol

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 8 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

WINNER #1

@oscarjgrouch

Please PM me your contact information.

2 Likes

WINNER #2

@tcass

Please PM me your contact information.

1 Like