[Official] Aruba S2500 Managed Ethernet Switch (PoE+/10GSFP+)

Yes. Just delete the one stacking interface

Ya…that part of the guide is wrong. You need to run show stacking interface brief. He probably just forgot to type stacking when he wrote it.

i opened this thread and saw this and busted out laughing (lol irl) and said “this is f@cking perfect”
:+1:t3:

so i am still having an issue after using the above setup guide. After an hour or two i am unable to access the switch via HTTP or SSH, i keep getting an 403-Forbidden error when i try through the browser and connection refused when i attempt to use putty. I am a little perplexed at the moment and not exactly sure what to try next, the issue has persisted even after a factory reset.

which step are you on?

Full through to the end without issue, i just randomly get the 403 error after a couple of minutes. If i switch the port of the computer i am able to log in for a little while via ssh but then get disconnected and back to connection refused

Does the 403 happen from multiple devices or just one computer?

multiple devices on the network

I’d factory reset it and see if that helps, I can’t think of what would cause it to stop working after a few minutes.

tried another one and it seems to be the same issue, for the life of me i cannot figure it out.

Still works just fine as a switch though

Well it arrived, picked up the S2500-24t as I said, this thing looks like it came off the shelf new, its in such good condition.

Opened it up and inside it’s immaculate. If only I had the DAC cables and/or FPS+ gbics onsite.
Still waiting for them to arrive.
I have a few spare 1gb gbic, plugged those in “sho interface” could see they were connected, 1gb. So it would appear the ports are all working.

Pic from inside.

1 Like

Was interested in the 48P if it was $110 but looks like they’ve jump up significantly in price? I’m only seeing the S2500-48T for $110. Are there any other options that come to mind for gigabit 48 port PoE with SFP+? Planning on Ubiquiti APs + PoE cameras so PoE seems necessary even for the massive power draw…

Yes. Just delete the stacking interfaces you dont want. This allows you to use the 10GB port for a device.

Were you ever able to get access? Did you try clearing your cookies on your Web Browser? Did you try multiple browsers?

TBH been a bit busy and since it is working as a switch i haven’t had any urgency to fix it. That being said tried this morning from multiple browsers and computers both pre and cost cleaning cookies and any other browser settings.

Also attempted to connect via SSH via multiple computers and that connection was refused as well

Servethehome forum Brocade thread has a lot of options. Not as cheap as $110, but just as (if not more?) powerful

1 Like

I tried to connect via ssh from my Ubuntu box and I got a refused connection as well. It said the cyphers weren’t supported

It has been a while since I did the research on this but I think that the more recent versions of OpenSSH (which I believe is the default in Ubuntu) have removed or disabled support for SSH1 and several older cypher standards that are no longer considered secure.

Could it be possible that the Aruba switch uses an older version of SSH that uses one of these older standards and that is why “modern” SSH connections are being refused?

You might need to see if you can re-enable some of the older standards or try to use an older version of your SSH client that still has them enabled. I am not sure if this will help (but I hope it does) or not but at least it might give you a place to start your research.

Are you still able to access the Webgui?

If I remember correctly it said aes 128 and a couple others. Don’t remember specifics but I can try again after work and get which ones it says aren’t there.

It was Ubuntu 20.04 lts so I’ll try my 19.10 and 18.04 machines and see what happens.