[Official] Aruba IAP-207 AC access point review and setup

Cloud features will not work if there is no internet connection, full stop.

sorry, didn’t notice this. I see it’s been a month.

No, you can adjust their channel width. 20/40/80. Channel width tend to have an impact on throughput. You can probably safely run 80 at home, as long as you don’t have people densely packed around you running at 80MHz as well.

1 Like

Does https://instant.arubanetworks.com work for anyone else when trying to get into the web ui? I’ve tried different browsers and can’t get in. Have also tried the ip address and port and it’s a no go.

This is not an initial setup…just wanted to get in and tinker a bit and can’t remember how I was getting in before.

Looks like an https issue. I got to the login page using Firefox. The password I had for it won’t let me in so I must have changed it and don’t remember. Oh well…this thing is a pain. Edit 2: I got in…now it won’t take my logins to get an update to 8.8. HP SUCKS SO BAD.

it does not work. The easiest way is to type in the ip address of the Aruba AP

1 Like

Printable ceiling mount that the factory drop ceiling mount will clip to.

2 Likes

has anyone messed around with the Bluetooth beaconing on these?

The 207 model doesn’t have Bluetooth. Are you referring too the 305 with its “iot” radios?

sorry ill clarify i was referring to the RTLS and BLE beaconing

I am not a network expert by any means and have purchased 2 of the IAP-207 for use in my coworker’s home. With COX ISP w/ gigabit, the download was at max 137 mbps right next to the AP on wireless ac. I was not really expecting this as the COX router/modem spat out over 500 mpbs on wireless ac. Ended up giving away the IAP-207 units as they’re no longer competitive with even the trashy ISP-provided equipment.

Was this not expected bechavior?

Without knowing how you configured the access points, and noting that you gave them away… Okay. They’ll do better than that, and standing right next to one is actually counterproductive for throughput. The toroidal pattern on the AP’s antennas creates a smaller dead zone directly nearby. Back off 4-6 feet (or, logically speaking, a ceiling height away) and you should see better throughput.

Not expected. 137 mbps over wireless AC is not what was expected. Expecting similar to the COX wireless AC router that was provided by ISP. But getting much worst. Testing next to the unit as well as 50 ft away and anywhere else in the house

I had three of the IAP-207, I ended up selling them on eBay. The performance sucks. It is an issue with this model. I purchased a bulk pallet from an auction of IAP-205. Those were perfect. I get 500 mbps out of those easily.

JC

Could you please activate the file in g drive. I have the same problem.

Sorry I don’t have it any longer. When I get a chance I’ll see if I can figure a way to pull it back off their servers. Last time I looked they had locked that stuff down.

Thanks for response, i registered and found what needed though i need your opinion.

My ap 207 came.to.my hands after upgrading office ap system. Unfortunately management console was abandoned and now all ap s are useless as they have a firmware that works only with a console.

For this reason i bought a serial cable and have access to ap through putty terminal.
I have performed a factory reset but current os isn’t instant os which allows it to operate as standalone.
I downloaded instant os for iap 207 but cant flash it through tftp. It might not worth the efort but is there a way to change firmware easily?

1 Like

…low end but work great for home use. i managed to install iap firmware on an ap 207 while moding country code and now works . many thanks…

Yes, you should be able to convert.

About once a month now I’ve got to disconnect from power on the IAP-207 and reconnect to get it to reboot and take off and go to working again. It seems like it’s getting pretty hot, don’t know if that’s what is causing the issue or not.

Probably going to move on from this thing and get something else.

edit: upgraded firmware to 8.10.0.6_86193 LSR so see if that does anything