NSFW Done and Done

First, I would like to thank JDM and the awesome folks on the discord for all the help. I stumbled on this community while looking to push my existing server to an xeon and move to Freenas.I now own a new server and a Dremel. That deals channel is bad news.

Looking forward, I’ve already migrated my data and I will be moving 10-15TB of HDD’s to the new server. I’m already up and running Unraid with a handful of apps.

Motherboard (2 x E5-2630L v2 2.4GHz , I/O plate) - $260
2 x SAS Expander Cards - $15
RAM Samsung (128GB) - 32GB sticks - $160
2 x Arctic Freezer 12 CO - $57
Rosewill RSV-L4412 4U Rackmount Server Chassis - $209
PSU 850W Evga SuperNova G+ - $70
2 x Crucial BX500 240GB - $50

$821

WD10TB x3

$420

!
!
!

2 Likes

Looks good! How is that Rosewill case, and specifically the hot-swap bays? I’ve heard mixed reviews about lights not working or even the entire backplanes going out. For the price it looks like a great setup.

Thank benuntu!

So far so good. I know hotswap is far from necessary for this use case, but it’s made adding drive super easy for me. No issues so far (knock on wood). Since I’m mostly shucking WD drives, one happy benefit has been not having to make any tape mods as the bays are Molex powered.

My drive and nic lights actually don’t seem to work. I don’t know if I have a misplug or they’re DOA. Haven’t gotten a chance to check yet. Power light works fine.

Just swap the polarity on the LED’s that aren’t working.