Dear community, I come for some advise with my first ever DIY NAS.
- replacing google photos and google docs with nexcloud/photos/onlyoffice
- trying different virtualization technologies and service applications (I’m a researcher) : docker, proxmox or openstack ; yunohost
- home automation for lights, heaters, sensors (I have at least 4 USB “keys” for zigbee, enocean, rfxcomm, zwave - I’m using openHAB and node-red
- case max 21cm by 60cm by 60cm
- having one 2.5 Gb ethernet port (I do have a 2.5 Gbps connection at home with my internet provier)
- multiple USB
- would loke to have 6 3.5" bays , maybe some 2.5"
- maybe one usb c port that I may use
- budget without the disks : 600 to 700 €
I also chose the Ryzen 5 3600 because it is the best performance/price ratio here PassMark CPU Value Chart - Performance / Price of available CPUs (cpubenchmark.net)
so my list is here
what do you think ?
Thank you for your advice !
|CPU||AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor||€205.00 @ Amazon France|
|Motherboard||Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS ATX AM4 Motherboard||€160.00 @ Amazon France|
|Memory||Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-2400 CL14 Memory||€56.69 @ Amazon France|
|Storage||Western Digital Blue 500 GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive||€55.86 @ Amazon France|
|Video Card||MSI GeForce GT 710 1 GB Video Card||€42.15 @ Cdiscount|
|Case||Cooler Master N300 ATX Mid Tower Case||€66.13 @ Amazon France|
|Power Supply||Gigabyte P-B 450 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply||€47.27 @ Alternate|
|Prices include shipping, taxes, rebates, and discounts|
|Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-02-05 22:56 CET+0100|