LSI 9300-16i 16-port SAS9300-16I 12GB/s Host Bus Adapter 03-25600-01B - $129 OBO

LSI 9300-16i 16-port SAS9300-16I 12GB/s Host Bus Adapter 03-25600-01B

lsi_sas_9300-16i_ug.pdf (445.6 KB)

Most people don’t need a 12Gbps SAS card, but if you do - this is a great price on an internal 16 port card.

$129 OBO

>>> LINK <<<

• Good Deal
  • Mediocre Deal
  • Bad Deal
0 voters
2 Likes

12gb SAS is handy if you end up with SAS SSDs and want to get more performance out of them.

Nice. But that seller doesn’t appear to ship to Australia.

I can get this: LSI IT Mode 9300-16i 16-port 12GB/s Host Bus Adapter W CABLES AU seller | eBay

It looks genuine, but am a bit nervous about pulling the trigger as that is more money than I have spent on previous HBA cards. Anyone got experience with that seller? think it’s genuine?

Do you actually need a SAS3 adapter?

The reality check question. I’m basically going from a DAS / Server setup (using an LSI 9201-16e), to a standalone server. Before I was only connecting your typical spinning NAS disks without ever an issue. With the new setup, I’ll be looking to connect a mixture of NAS disks and SSD (UnRaid cache) drives. So is it overkill? probably, but I feel like there would have to be some step up with the SSD.

Only SAS SSDs would go through the HBA anyway. SATA SSDs are best connected to the motherboard’s ports and nvme connect by m.2 or u.2 connections. So it’s not really an “overkill” question - the SSDs will most likely just not be on the HBA, so if they’re the reason you want a faster HBA, it’s not really necessary.

1 Like

I see. Thank you. I haven’t ordered anything yet. Maybe I should just keep using the 9201-16e and just route the cables back through the case, lol. Edit: or grab a 9207-8i? Looks like it’d handle SSD.