[Lowest price ever] 24 bay SAS2 SuperMicro 4U server w/ static rails

May be late now to reply since you pulled the trigger but it did come with 2 - 8087’s…this didnt work for me as I have a LSI SAS 9201-16e and bought 2 - 8088 to 8087 cables.

What hardware are you using in the DAS? I just got my case delivered and I have a previously built NSFW 2011 build, so now I want to create a DAS w/ the new SuperMicro case. How are you connecting them?

Thanks!

Check out this build guide:

Happy to fill in any of the blanks.

Thanks man! I need to find a way to extend the SAS cables that come off the backplan in the SuperMicro. They’re too short to extend out the PCI slots.

No DAS as I moved my whole build to the supermicro case. I am using a LSI 9201-16E with and 8088 to 8087 cable (6ft) to the backplane.

I assume you’re not running any VMs with GPU Pass through? I don’t think the PSUs support PCIe power, etc.

Running Win 10 with onboard VGA with a few VM’s (to play with) using Hyper-V.

I Know This Thread Is A Little bit old but i recently bought my supermicro CSE-846 Case With a Supermicro X9DRI-F Motherbord,16Gb ecc ram,pair of Xeon E5-2620’s With LSI SAS Controller & All For like 450-500$ From theserverstore.com And They Know How to package Them Right I Have Obviously Up Graded My cpu’s to the E5-2696 V2’s , 128Gb Of ecc ram and replaced the stock coolers with a pair of gammax Gt coolers (Very Close But The lid Still Closes) an i added a Dual Port 10Gb SFP+ Nic And All The Fans Swaped Out To B Quiet 120mm & Two 80mm O I Threw in a Old Quadro i Had Around It Is Pretty Much Dead Silent But I am looking For a Deal On a Pair Of SQ 1000W psu’s Then I Started Testing Every Thing b for i swaped all my data onto it from my old build I Still got running to btw…its a X8 with dual 6 core cpu’s n still rock solid i just wanted to build a newer one…I am Runing UnRaid on Both Pro Version on the newer one and just basic on the old one! These Are Still Super Power Houses IMHO Very Good/High end Hard Ware With Lots Of Years Left in Them

S/post/formatting