Looking at possibly upgrading my server

I am thinking about at the very least figuring out a way to add more storage to my current configuration or upgrading my ‘server’ as a whole.

The current setup I have now is a few years old so forgive how bad it is:

• AMD A10-6790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
  • MSI FM2-A75MA-E35 Micro ATX FM2 Motherboard
  • 2x ADATA XPG V1.0 4 GB (1 x 4 GB) DDR3-1600 CL9 Memory
  • Silverstone ML04B HTPC Case
  • Corsair Builder 430 W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply
  • A mashup of HDDs including 1 60GB SSD for the OS, 1 3TB HDD (storing movies), and 2 4TB HDD (1 for storing TV shows and the other for downloads)

I currently use the server for Plex mainly and a few side things with Ubuntu Server and Docker. My containers include:

• Plex stack
  • UniFi Controller
  • Trilium (Notes but I use it for documentation and how I do/did things)
  • Wekan (Kanban to help me keep track of things)
  • Resilio Sync (Backup to NAS and offsite NAS)
  • Firefox (to get around my works filters -.-)
  • VS Code (for slow nights at work)
  • every now and then, I spin up a game server for thing like Minecraft or Factorio

I am looking in to switching to UnRAID so that I can expand my storage since I am running out, and so I can add parity since I have none right now for any of my stuff on that server. It would also allow me to mix and mash the various drives I have lying around. That will be a project in itself to set up.

I am either looking to put everything in to a single case and build a new server or a way to add rack mountable storage to my current setup and add a GPU to offload Plex transcoding to.

I have a 15U rack that is bolted to the wall that is 17" deep.

If I go with an all in one package, I have 5U that I can play with. I would definitely like to keep it as cheap as possible, quiet as possible since it will be near a community space, and to keep it within the rack. I know my options are limited on cases because I don’t have a full size rack. I would just like to be able to expand the storage in the future as the need arises.

If I go with expandable storage, I have 2U to play with. If need be, I can take the raceway out and gain another U. Again, as cheap as possible, as quiet as possible, and needs to be able to fit in the rack. I also would like to get a graphics card to be able to transcode my Plex library. I have seen something about a P2000 a few times. Would anyone recommend something better?

Thanks for reading any any suggestions that you can provide!