Lenovo Ideapad 3 (10th-gen QS) - $130-150 YMMV

Walmart seems to be clearancing a significant stock of these competent little laptops. It was recently a black friday sale for $150 also, but I’ve seen some stores are as low as $130. YMMV as this is a local deal and may be marked down more, less, not at all, and/or completely out of stock. I have checked a handful of large metro areas around the US and have found at least one store in most that have 3+

As always with a local b&m sort of deal

• do not call ahead
  • do not argue that you see the item available on 3rd party tools such as Brickseek (claim you saw it on walmart.com or something)
  • if there are none, insist they check the back to confirm that its not an inventory mismatch. I know it sounds dumb but this works quite often as stuff is misplaced

This laptop ships with “S Mode” enabled, so if you want to install apps that aren’t verified from the Windows Store, do this.

10th gen QS and an NVME SSD already included, what’s not to love?

• Display: 14.0" HD LED Backlit Anti-Glare Display
  • Processor: Intel Pentium Gold 6405U Dual Core Processor
  • Memory: 4GB OnBoard 2400MHz DDR4 RAM
  • Internal storage: 128GB 2242 NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive
  • Graphics: Integrated Intel UHD Graphics
  • Operating system: Windows 10 in S Mode
  • Optical Drive: None
  • Audio: 2 x 1.5W Speakers
  • Battery life: Up to 6 Hours
  • Wireless: 2 x 2 802.11AC Wi-Fi with Bluetooth 5.0
  • Webcam: 0.3MP Camera with Privacy Shutter and Dual Array Microphones
  • Product weight: 3.3 lbs
  • Color: Business Black

$130-150 YMMV

>>>LINK<<<

• Good Deal
  • Mediocre Deal
  • Bad Deal
0 voters
1 Like

This is a quality post. Thanks for taking the time to format it!

1 Like

Comet lake appears to be equivalent to 10th gen. Am I incorrect in that assesment?

Aha, you are right. I hastily mis-remebered it as 11th. I’ll update that. Thanks for the correction!

1 Like

Hmm although this is going to be a power efficient QS machine, it’s going to always be on, right? The screen can be disabled with the lid closed. No WOL with an USB-RJ45 adapter.

I should go check to see what an idle laptop runs with Kill-A-Watt. See if it can go as low as 5W or whatever the one HP290 guy had.

Good post, thanks.

If you are worried about 5-10 or even 20 w difference you shouldn’t be running Plex at all

1 Like

Well more of a question about a laptop vs hp 290 that has expansion capability.

In what regard? If it’s a dedicated QS transcoder, the included hardware is more than plenty.