Intel QSC HW Transcode Plex / NAS Build - Look ok?

My old machine has served me well for 6+ years, but it’s starting to slog a bit. Current machine serves as a NAS/Plex/etc/etc box (everything in Docker or VMs).
I’d like to have HW transcode. Currently I just run Ubuntu 16.04. I’d consider Unraid or something, but haven’t dug in the current state of the art.

My current system has 10x 5TB WD Red, ZFS RAIDZ2 - works great, planning to move this zpool over to the new system.

In general, I don’t mind spending a bit more where it makes sense to. As in the past this machine will be running 24/7 and I won’t be doing much tweaking of the hardware for hopefully another 5-7 years once it’s built. I’d rather do it right the first time.

Parts List:

• Rosewill 4U RSV-L4500 Case + Rails
  • Gigabyte C246-WU4 ATX mobo (has 10 SATA ports)
  • i7-9700K or i9-9900K, leaning towards the i7 but I could be convinced to pull the trigger on the i9
  • Cooler Master Hyper 212 CPU cooler
  • G. Skill Ripjaws V Series 16GB x 2
  • Crucial P2 1TB m.2 NVME (boot & cache)
  • Corsair RM 750W 80+ Gold (I could possibly keep my current PSU… It’s a Rosewill CAPSTONE 850M 80+ GOLD). (PCPP rates the build at 334W, which is less than my current machine)
    Looking at about $1100 for this ($125 less if I reuse the old PSU).

Would love to know if my parts list makes sense, any critiques, etc…
Thanks!

Hmmm, or would I be better off with a cheaper board and adding SATA ports via a PCI SATA controller? (This is actually how I run the zpool now, since my current mobo only has 7 SATA ports).

I built this!

Mistake number 1: I had to use a different CPU cooler - the Cooler Master Hyper 212 was about 5mm too tall to fit in the 4U case.

Mistake number 2: I’m an idiot and forgot to check the depth of my rack and the Rosewill case is too long to fit.

I’ve been checking out some cases by Chenbro and iStarUSA that would fit my rack, but having a hard time finding one that will hold 10x 3.5 drives.

I think the iStar D-413ASE would work (holds 8 3.5 + 3 5.25), but can only find scalpers(?) on them right now, they may not be sold new any more.

It looks like airflow can be a problem in many of these smaller cases though too (which is obvious of course, but mentioning it anyway).

Cases I’ve found so far that may work:

I’d move the drives to a JBOD, but they are just so damn expensive.

Just checking, have you read over this?