[Guide] Spice up your rack with these stylish & sexy chassis for your pfSense build!

@phanb , don’t leave us hanging! Any luck with this? I find these sorts of systems to be really interesting, but its sure hit and miss about getting the hardware inside working. Hope you had good luck with it!

1 Like

I have been working non-stop every day for the past few weeks…

I did give it a go through the console for a couple of hours but everytime I try to connect with Putty it just sends back gibberish to my laptop… I gave up but I will try again one of these nights

if anyone has some advice please do share

maybe try telnet instead of putty/ssh?

Putty supports telnet

Powershell supports telnet and SSH.

Hello I just joined the forums today while looking for something to use for pfSense or OPNsense.

Has anyone tried one of the Kemp Loadmaster? What hardware does it have or could it be upgraded for modern use? I’m open to other units.

Here is a list of what I’m looking for in a unit. I know I won’t find the perfect box but hopefully I can get fairly close:

• Front network ports. Makes for a short jump to the switch.
  • Expansion slot for fiber. Not sure I’ll ever really use it so not a deal breaker.
  • Relatively low power. I know there are lower power devices but I have a rack so I want to rack mount.
  • Quiet. Or at least can be modded so it can’t be heard on the other side of a wall.
  • Able to handle 1G bandwidth. I don’t have that fast of internet but maybe in the future.
  • AES-NI support. Or at least whatever is required for VPN use.

i dont suppose you ever took a pic of the inside of your Qualys with the fan controller in use? Trying to find the best way to configure the wires to be as clean as possible. Also since there’s 4 fans in the Qualys and the linked fan controller comes with a 3-way splitter is it safe to assume you added a 2-way splitter to the set?