[Guide] Spice up your rack with these stylish & sexy chassis for your pfSense build!

Are there any x8 to x16 riser cards?

Yes, but because many of these cases are pretty unique you can’t be sure one will fit properly. So I recommend looking for a ribbon cable extender - Just search for a PCIe x8 to x16 ribbon, there are several on Amazon and ebay

Was this seller just selling one of these? I would be interested in this…

there are 2 available on ebay

1 Like

Did you ever confirm that the nic in this guy is “fail to pass-through”? It is common for bump in the wire appliances like this to fail open if you pull the power on the appliance.

@dhole stole the box from me, you’d have to ask him!

I may have already gutted it :neutral_face: sorry!

The hardware i it was hot and noisy. Not sure I’d consider it useful. I guess I could see if the add on nic works on something else though.

The NIC should work regardless of the hardware inside…

I mean. If it’s all intact…

Can we compile a list with the hardware each model is running? Some of these should be great to use as-is but there is very limited info about them on the web.

2 Likes

i second this please. a wiki perhaps. many vendors do not share their information.

love this thread… anyone find any great deals lately?

that is a very pretty case… too bad it would cost north of $300 for me to get it in Canada.

if the insides were newer than 2011 I might consider

There are many of the Barracuda Networks Appliances available for cheap using the link from the OP:
Barracuda Networks Appliances

just picked up one of these, seller accepted $75… I like that it has 2 SFP ports

anyone have any experience with these?

Isn’t that just a switch? Are you confident that there’s computer hardware inside?

https://worldtechit.com/f5-products/f5-big-ip-4000s-4200v-hardware-datasheet/

This is the specs I was going by, quad core xeon with 8 threads, 16GB RAM and 500GB HDD

Fingers crossed

1 Like