GA-7PESH2 (rev. 1.0) Secure Boot

Hello All,
This is my first post in the forum and I hope someone can help and hope I am posting this in the correct place.

I have a GA-7PESH2 (rev. 1.0) with two Xeon-E5 2697 running Windows 10 for a long time. I am using it for research work. Motherboard manual says, secure boot menu is available but I don’t see secure boot menu under security menu. I even tried disabling CSM but still I see only Administrator Password" and “User Password” under security menu.

Thank you!

Are you on the most up to date BIOS?

Yes. It is R17.

Here is a screenshot of the Security menu of the bios.

Were you able to figure this out? I am having the same issue.

I emailed Gigabyte customer service and after a long email conversation, they said the board doesn’t support secure boot. They took more than two weeks to give the final answer. Before that they asked me to change a lot of things in the BIOS but I knew none of these would help. Actually, if you look at the chinese version of the motherboard manual, they never mentioned anything about the secure boot. Those pages are not available.

Finally, I asked why you mentioned secure boot support in your motherboard manual. They directed me to the disclaimer of the manual. Great… :rage:

1 Like

Can you convert your Windows 10 to a VM and continue your research?

I said goodbye to Windows and installed Linux. Most of my code is Python, OpenGL and C/C++. So, I was able to port them without a lot of effort. I should have done this ages ago. System is obviously more stable than Windows and runs more efficiently. Also, I installed VMware Workstation and a Windows guest, if I ever want to use it.

I had a LSI raid card with hardware raid (9278-8i) but I used your guide to flash the builtin SAS 2008 to a HBA. That way, I can use the software RAID. Thanks for that guide!!! Worked like a charm for a first timer. :smiley:

1 Like