This will be my first UnRaid NAS/PLEX build and I would like some feedback on the parts below.
Use Case: Plex server & general storage, a few dockers but no VMs.
Looking for about 10 QuickSync 1080p Hardware Transcodes. 4K will only be direct streamed.
I’m also trying to make this as quiet as possible and not too power hungry. Will replace the case fans with Noctua.
- CPU: Intel Core i3-8100 LGA1151
- Cooler: Noctua NH-L9x65
- MB: ASUS PRIME B360M-A - mATX
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black 16GB (2x8GB) / 2133MHz / DDR4
- Case: 4U Short Storage Chassis w/ 8x 3.5" SATA Hot-Swap Bays
- PSU: Corsair VS450 / 450W / 80+ White
- HDDs: WD Red 2x 8TB
WD Red 2x 4TB
Cash-drive: SSD samsung 840 250GB
Anything i’m missing here?
As there is only 6 SATA connections on the MB i’m assuming i will have to add a LSI SAS 9201-8i HBA card to be able to use all 8 bays.