First Unraid Build - Need Advice Please

QuickSync Box - HP Prodesk 600 G3 Micro Computer Mini PC (Intel Quad Core i5-7500T 2.7Ghz, 16GB DDR4 Ram, 512GB SSD, 4K Support, DP, USB 3.0, USB-C) Win 10 Pro (Renewed)

Unraid Server

I Bought a QuickSync Box, to be used for plex, and an unraid server, will be using 10 hard drives.

I’m hoping to figure out data retention or something similar like snapshot, but would this Tower server work I’ve asked a lot of advice in the discord channel. wanted to ask one more time before purchasing this bundle server!

I am not sure what you have now if anything. I would think about less higher capacity drives. You can always add more with unRaid. I went from 8 8TB drives to 4 14TB drives during a rebuild. I went AMD so upgrades without swapping motherboards is easy and cheap. I only have a few if any transcodes so I have a cheap Nvidia card for that.

That should work well as an Unraid / Plex media server. The one thing I might check is that the HBA is well supported by Unraid.

If you were buying parts to assemble a server I would recommend looking at an LGA1150 motherboard / CPU. That would be faster / lower power than the LGA1155 platform for about the same price. However it sounds like you are buying a complete server, or at least you mentioned the build was a bundle, in that case so long as the price is right it should make for a solid media server.