Cwwk NAS 100 SATA problem

Hello, I have purchased the CWWK N100/I3-N305 SIX-BAY NAS MONSTER BOARD motherboard with radiator. The USB socket, Nmv2 drive, RAM all work fine and he mounted the components in a Fractal Design Node 804 case with no issues.
The problem is that of the 6 SATA connections, only Sata1 in the BIOS recognizes the disks, the rest (Sata0 and Sata1 do not recognize the disks). Furthermore, the motherboard has 6 connectors and the BIOS only recognizes 3 of the 6 SATA connectors that the motherboard has and of these only one disk is really recognized (in the BIOS it is SATA port 1). I have reviewed the 3 disks in another PC with a USB to SATA adapter and all 3 are recognized without problem by the PC so the drives are basically fine. I suspect that I will have to update the bios (I don’t know if anything else) so that the 6 SATA connectors on the motherboard are recognized in the BIOS and therefore the motherboard also recognizes the rest of the hard drives (in my case 2 more drives ). Can anyone confirm for me if I should update the BIOS or whatever is necessary to solve my problem with the SATA? Do you have a procedure in case I have to update (BIOS, software…etc)?.

My motherboard has an AMI BIOS with the following features:
Build: UEFY 2.8; PI 1.7, major version: 5.27, project version: CW-ADLN-NAS-V10.

The bottom blue bar on the BIOS screen shows:
Version 2.22.1287 copyright 2024 AMI

Thanks for your help and all the best

I’ve heard in reviews that those boards only have two native SATA ports and the other four are port multiplied off of one of them, reducing bandwidth overall and causing potential hiccups like this.

Unfortunately, it is supposed to ‘just work’ and I don’t know anything about troubleshooting it. But it sounds like what’s happening.

Buff…then i can"t use more than 2 sata hard disk?

Regards

It is designed to run sata drives off of each port, so, sounds like six. They should work. But it’s not doing it in the usual way. So if something’s wrong, I do not know what there is to be done about it. Maybe bios settings enabling port multiplication. Can’t say.

Thanks. I send email to CWWK but my experience with Cwwk SAT is bad. Mobo have a pcie conector, i can buy pcie to sata conector to have 4 sata ports?

Regard
Sorry for my basic enghish…

You CAN buy an adapter. Up to you. I wouldn’t keep a board that isn’t working.

Ok. If Cwwk SAT don’t respond in 2 or 3 working days i will start a Paypal claim to refound cost.

Any sugestion for a MOBO with Cpu N100 Mini itx to replace CWWK nas n100?

Regards

Finally i chat with Cwwk and they have solved the problem. I test to install openmediavaul and now all disk are shown

Regards

What was the solution

They told me in the CWWK chat that the SATA controller of the mobo is a JM585 and that is why the BIOS only shows 3 Sata disks and only one of them can be bootable, hence the bios only shows the detail of 1. All nvme and usbs are shown and are bootable. Once an OS is installed, all the SATA drives can be seen normally and can operate with them normally. In my case I will install Openmediavaul on an internal USB (a 64 Gb 3.2 pendrive) of the board that in theory is designed to run the Nas OS. In my case I will try Openmediavaul

All the best

1 Like