CSE-846 Unraid/Plex Build Help

Thanks! I have a couple slots open but I believe they’re all 4x and this card is an 8x so I would have to Dremel out part of the slot which I would like to avoid if I can.

I know this is an old post, but did you end up running your ASUS x370 system in the 846 chassis? I read some posts on other forums that some ASUS mobos wouldn’t boot in the chassis with supermicro psus. Thanks

There shouldn’t be any issue with that.

Thanks for the response! I also have an ASUS z77 saber tooth board with i7-3770k I may put into the system instead… would that work? The reason I’m asking this question is because according to this thread here it seems some ASUS boards have issues with the 846. Thanks!

Are you sure the 846 is what you want to run? They are quite loud and a little power hungry.

Why not the 15-bay Rosewill? That usually makes more sense for a home setting.

@Groto The 846 has been rock solid for me since I finished my build. I did end up putting my Ryzen 1800x in it and my Asus mobo has had no issues. I would recommend that you swap all the fans if you have the budget for it. I changed out the fan wall and the rear fans to Noctua’s and bought the PSU’s that are silent as well and the system is very quiet now.

Yeah I would run just one SQ PSU and put in one of the 3x120mm fan walls to quiet it down. This would likely be my end all server case that would last literally forever and fit any possible hardware id ever want in it. I have a home server rack already so this would fit right in.

I just didn’t want to purchase one and then find out my hardware is not compatible.

Perfect!! That’s exactly what my plan is. Thanks!