11 Months ago I followed the Anniversary 1.0 guide. Finally stopped procrastinating on posting now, so here you go. Right now i’m running unraid with a few docker containers for all my Linux iso needs. Looking to upgrade CPU soon and ordered a flash card for a better cache drive.
Pictures (Warning: Cable and dust gore)
Hiding surreptitiously under the media server table
Prices? I ordered almost everything off of ebay, going second hand for most of the parts or refurbished. Snagged most of my storage from a sweet group buy set up by JDM and rhino tech on ebay. But this was a while ago so some items I don’t remember what I spent.
- GA7-PESH2 - ~$150 (The IT Mart)
- 32 GB DDR3L 1600mhz - $37 (Ebay)
- E5-2667 pair - $80 (Ebay)
- 2x Artic Freezer 33 - $25 and $32 (Ebay)
- EVGA Gold2 1000W PSU - $40 (Ebay)
- 3x Shucced Easystore 8tb - $120? Each (No clue)
- 8x SAS Drives 4tb - $30 Each (Group Buy)
- Rosewill RSV-L4500 Chassis - $110 ( Ebay)
- Mellanox ConnectX-3 NIC - 28$ (Ebay)
- Misc ( Cables and paste) - ~40$
Total =~ $1142
Sorry for shit formatting. Thanks to this great community for making this build possible.