BFL 850W Fully Modular PSU - $49.49 + shipping

For adding more sata cables, would something like this work:

or
https://www.newegg.com/p/17Z-00PR-006H5
or

looking at those cables very carefully(first one required saving the pic and zooming in to a somewhat blurry image) i would say none of these cables will work. from the pin out picture in the first post, if you look at the psu side with the clip facing you pin 1 is far left and then on the sata side the little notch on the connector corresponds to pin 1. the cables you’ve linked don’t “translate 1:1” (for lack of better wording).

edit: looks like searching moddiy for ocz zx brings up 3 pages. a couple of the cables MAY be compatible but looking at the pictures it’s hard to tell(bad angles and such). however, they’ve got connectors for the psu and parts to make you’re own sata cables. connectors are like 40 cents and wire is pretty cheap as well. glad you posted because you got me looking and i found all this. which will come in handy.

First, thanks for making me realize just matching up the connector wasn’t the only thing to worry about. Wiring routing is equally as important. I just figured it would all be guaranteed to be the same if the connector was the same.

Why do you say the last one (newegg) won’t work. I just traced it out from the pictures (easy b/c of the colored wires) and it seems to match up to me. First one was too hard to do b/c of all red wiring.

Here’s one, that does not look correct to me.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-OCZ-ZX-ZT-Series-1250-1000-W-6-2P-8Pin-SATA-Molex-24Pin-CPU-4-4pin-EPS-Cable/123945251961?hash=item1cdbb67479:m:mJTDZUpuv4fPFguscO_AnSQ&var=424733242004

These kits look oddly similar to what was included. same name as what newegg is providing as well.

1 Like

You are comparing a SATA data plug to a power plug?

Yup, botched that one up, that’s a data cable. editing the post.

People, just pay a bit more but get at least known quality power supplies. This is one thing you should never skimp on.

Butterfly Labs were scammers and the company has been closed down long time ago. So this must be a pretty old new stock. On a positive note, the actual PSU manufacturer is so confident in their product that they are marking it as 1600W now.

These are manufactured by Great Wall, one of the largest power supply manufacturers out of China.
The one you linked is another rebrand, independent of the one linked.

Yes, Butterfly Labs were known scammers - that has nothing to do with the power supply, as it’s not sold by the now defunct BFL. These are part of a liquidation sale.

As I showed above, these are the same as the OCZ ZX series, which has an above average reputation for quality and reviews well. But you know that, since you actually read the post, right? :wink:

Do you have the unit? Open it up and compare with

I’ll open one of mine up today and see if it has any markings inside.

Overall shot of the inside. The daughter-board for the cables looks the same and so is the fan and power input. The main board is different but even OCZ could have an updated board since the one linked up above was from 2011.

Mine just arrived today, bought 4 days ago, seller auto accepted my $45 offer. Appears to be brand new: shrink-wrapped, extremely well packaged on inside and showed zero signs of being opened before.

1 Like

Mad Lad taking apart a PSU.

More of these in stock - according to the seller, once these are sold, that’s the last of them.

2 Likes

@peteopp and @adamsir2 did either of you end up purchasing any SATA power cables that worked?

Looking to get one or two more as to not overload anything.

1 Like

Actually haven’t order this psu yet. Was always out of stock when I looked for it and have had other things come up.

I ended up purchasing the tools and made my own cables.

Purchased a second one today … 092920. Seller has other listings for this product for multiply quantities. “Case Lot of 12” shows 4 available as of today. If that’s accurate they probably have around 50 left.

More in stock at this link:

My Make Offer: $45.50 got accepted

Maybe try $45 flat. Judging by previous comments on this thread $45 may be the ticket.

1 Like

And yea if anyone has a link to where you can buy additional cables that fit this PSU, posting that here would be a great service. TIA

1 Like