$40.00 purchase and CCTV advice

i think was lucky and got 2 1u servers. Both are HP Proliant, The first one is a DL360 G8 with zeon 260@2.40Ghz times 2 and 16 Gb memory. It starts up and goes into startup menu like a dream. The fans are very loud but my rack will have a new home soon and this will not be a problem.
The second one is the same but a G6. i have been able to start it once but now it wont start so i have some trouble shooting to do and if i cant get it to work i will strip the case and build my pfsense box in it.
So enough with the braggin cause i think i got a good deal. I have a question about poe cameras and the first mentioned server. Does the cpu and ram limit the number of cameras allowable. Current plan for cameras is 2 exterior 1080 and 2 interior 1080 cameras in garage to a poe switch with cat 6 cable to the house (under 100 ft run) 4 exterior 1080 and 6 interior 1080 cameras in the house with cat 6 cable.
I am leaning towards blue iris for software on a VM but Shinobi docker is an option if the server would run better. I have watched Spaceinvaders cctv videos and others but nobody really talks about the number of cameras that can be ran with cpu and ram used and planning ahead for me is key so i dont get frustrated when i hook everything up and start the system. Any advice would be appreciated as this is a steep learning curve for me.
Thanks Jeff

I don’t have any experience running more than 4 cameras but the 4 I run are just fine on a 4c 8 thread Xeon e3-1245 v3 processor. I currently use Zoneminder, but I understand it’s a bit of a resource hog (as a docker) compared to some others. It’s also fairly hard to setup for noobs and don’t update it without a backup. I’ve also used Shinobi and Motioneye and both work ok…I’m not wowed by any of them.

Blue Iris is something I want to eventually try out but haven’t yet. I would imagine it would run a lot better with a modern processor utilizing QuickSync (hw accelerated graphics) much like what’s suggested here with Plex. My best guess is a just like with Plex…horsepower isn’t nearly as important as modern architecture. From what I’ve read you certainly want to stick with either a dedicated Windows 10 machine for Blue Iris or VM with a GPU pointed toward the VM. There is a Blue Iris docker but my understanding is it’s running on Linux with WINE in order to get it running and if you know what that means you know that’s a MESS.

Thanks

So i am finding my $40 purchase is turning out be a lot of work. Started out only seeing one hard drive even after i bypassed the raid hardware in the bios. Did more research and found out my bios needed to be updated before i could pass through the raid hardware. This turned out be 2 weeks of looking for different ways of doing upgrades. Found the files i need and will start upgrading this week. This is a real love hate game but so satisfying every time you have success.