[CLOSED] NFS Mounts not appearing correctly on attached system

I asked on the unRaid forums but haven’t gotten any love. I’ll cross-post here in case anyone has an idea.

I’m trying to fix something that’s been bothering me for a while now. I have some shares in unRaid that are exported via NFS all using the same settings. General setup is:

unRaid

• movies
  • music
  • tv
  • games

Plex Box using autofs mounts the NFS shares:

• movies → movies
  • tv → tv
    (here’s where it gets weird)
  • music → games

I’ve verified the autofs script is right, and when I log in locally to unRaid if I browse to /mnt/user/music it lists the right directories, but on the plex box which is mapped to /mnt/user/music on unRaid, it shows the contents of the /mnt/user/games share!

I’ve used NFS Share settings to copy the configs from working shares (movies & tv), I’ve line by line verified the plex config is correct, but even after multiple reboots it’s as if unRaid is exporting the games share when other systems request the music share. Any ideas?

I assume you are using the guide found here:

Can you post the autofs config file that you are using? It can be a screenshot from putty.

1 Like

I am. Please see attached. FWIW, I got tired of trying to figure out what was going on so I moved the data off the two unRaid shares, deleted those shares, recreated them and now it works. I think it was a problem with how unRaid was exporting them, but the part that was driving me nuts was my exports before and I deleted them and after I recreated them read exactly the same.

1 Like

Hmmm. That’s odd. I wonder if something was just cached wrong.

Glad it is working now!

1 Like