As I wrote in the title, I’m looking for advice as I’m building a multi-purpose server.
I want to use it as a home media server, storage center, game server and probably more
I plan to use TrueNAS as the main OS with Plex and other plugins like Radarr for example.
So here’s the parts list:
- Case: be quiet! Dark Base 700
- HDDs: WD Red Pro 4TB (RAID Z - Single parity)
- OS SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 PCIe NVMe 250GB
- RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Series Low Profile 32GB (2x 16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16
- PSU: be quiet! Straight Power 11 650W 80PLUS Platinum
- CPU: Intel Core i5-10600
- Motherboard: ASUS PRIME H470-PLUS
- Network card: Dual 10Gb SFP+ PCIe card
- (Maybe later) SSDs: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB (RAID 0)
I’d like to use the HDD array mainly as storage and media host, and (later if I can) the SSD array as remote game directories through a 10Gb link
I “need” a NVMe SSD for the sole purpose of running a 10Gb Speedtest just so I can see the big numbers haha
32GB of RAM should be enough to host a few servers and I will be able to add more
I need the CPU to have a iGPU so I can use Plex HW Transcoding
The cost is around 1200€ without the storage
So what do you think? Do you think I missed something? Do you have some advices?
It’s my first server build and I tried to think about everything