Gigabyte GA-7PESH4 wont boot to Ubuntu

Specs:

• Gigabyte GA-7PESH4 Rev 1.0
  • 4x16GB Samsung PC3-12800R DDR3 1600 ECC Reg Server Memory RAM RDIMM
  • 1 x Intel Xeon E5-2680 V2 2.80GHz Processor
  • Corsair RM850x power supply
  • SK hynix SC311 256GB SSD

I’ve been fighting with this the past week and I haven’t had much luck, so I’m hoping that someone can be of assistance to me. I fully assembled the build, powered it on and it boots into the BIOS just fine. However, whenever I try to boot into Ubuntu on the SSD it makes it past the GIGABYTE logo and freezes with a single underscore. I have another system in which I can boot from the SSD just fine in (HP z420 Workstation motherboard, same spec as above.) I am able to boot into a live usb of Ubuntu, but the system automatically restarts after 10 minutes, or so. Any suggestions?

Could the memory be populated wrong? Seems like a lot of choices from looking at that board.

my guess is CSM vs EFI boot

I’ve triple checked the manual for this board and I’m positive it’s populated correctly. I’ve even have removed all but one module.

Whenever I disable CSM no boot options are available.

I was able to resolve my own issue. Ultimately, I was able to boot into the OS with the SDD installed in a external drive enclosure. For some reason after doing this and reinstalling the drive I was able to boot. Doesn’t make an ounce of sense, but she’s alive.