[Closed] 3TB SAS2 HDD - 5 for $90, 10 for $170, 20 for $330 - free shipping!

Thank you Ron much appreciated.

I bought 10 of these and they are working great.

I would be interested in larger 6 or 8tb if we can get a deal. They have some for sale and the price isnā€™t too bad but a deal might get my to buy 5 or 6.

Dang I did not realize this deal was still live and bought 3 drives last week. Looks like I could have gotten 2 more for $25 extra. Would have done that at that point. Any idea if BitDeals would help me out if they havenā€™t shipped yet?

Email them!

I did was just hoping someone might have a direct number to the kremlin lol

Heads up, looks like the HGST model is out of stock. Seagate still seems available.

Iā€™m wondering if you got this working. I have a similar parts like you do. Iā€™m trying to figure out how to connect the wider part in SAS disk to the SATA power cable and the data cable. If you have pictures, they would be really helpful as well. Thanks.

I havenā€™t purchased the cables yet. I plan to do that soon and will update. However like previously talked about you need to purchase the special cable.

Finally got mine! Ordered mine on 8/27, delivered 9/15. I think there were delays due to the fire. The drives are great!

1 Like

They do take a couple weeks before shipping. So far the drives have been good for me. One didnā€™t start up and they refunded my cost right away (I guess it was cheaper than sending another drive). Iā€™ve purchased 14 of the 3Tbs and 10 of the 6Tbs.

the discount doesnā€™t work for the hgst drives anymore. at least for 10 of them. also wont let you add more than 10 at a time.

I donā€™t know about the code. You could try emailing Brandon at BitDeals direct using their support@bitdeals.tech address. He has been very good to work with for me.

Best of luck. Please share what you find out.

from what i understand these will not fit in my hot swap bays, is that correct? my chasi is a rosewill RSV-L4412

These are SAS drives and I thought your hot swap were SATA only. I looked at Rosewills website and it says the following:

RSV-L4412 has 12 x Hot-Swap Drives which supports up to carry 12 x 3.5" / 2.5" SATA I, II, & III or SAS HD

So maybe?? I will let someone who has this case chime in, or ask the Discord.

They will work if there is a SAS controller plugged into the hotswap baysā€¦

so then the 2 items mentioned at the beginning for what you will need to make them work? sorry i am quite new to this . this is my motherboard Supermicro X9DRH-7F and as mentioned before i have the rosewill rsv-l4412 case

i cant add 5 HGST 3TBā€¦i emailed support yesterday but no response yet. anyone else running into this issue?

would something like this work for my hot swap bays?
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B012BPLYJC/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_5?smid=A1AMUYYA3CT6HJ&psc=1

or do i bite the bullet and buy a rsv-l4500 now that they are in stock

looks like bitdeals bit the dust due to warehouse fire according to their website. my order did not make it out and waiting on refund.

any other group buy in the works or ebay store that anyone bought from reliably with a similar discount?