[Official] NAS Killer 4.2 supplemental - MicroATX mobo w/ Xeon E3-1220L, Dual NIC, 8GB DDR3 - $79.99 OBO

AAEON CMB-A9SC2 w/Xeon E3-1220L 2.3GHz CPU/Heatsink & 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ECC new!

Ran across this board on ebay…looks interesting. I didn’t need one but thought I would share it here. Seller never got back to me on my “offer” which was $70.

$79.99 OBO

>>>LINK<<<

• Good Deal
  • Mediocre Deal
  • Bad Deal
0 voters

This isn’t a dig at you, but I have edited your post in accordance with the formatting guideline. If you post in #marketplace:tech-deals in the future, just copy the formatting of this one.

1 Like

Here’s some more information on the motherboard.

DATA SHEET

Dual NIC, low power CPU, and plenty of RAM make it a good candidate for pfSsense.

It’s a NAS Killer 4.0!

For those that want to buy their own RAM…

1 Like

Seller is accepting $60!

1 Like

Do you guys still have monitors with VGA to set these up or are you using some sort of VGA → HDMI/DP adapter?

I still have an old VGA LCD in my rack. I’ve had mixed results with VGA to HDMI converters. If you don’t have one handy, you might be able to find a cheap used one at a Goodwill or similar store.

yup, I have an older dell monitor that I use specifically for servers.

This monitor is what I use… it’s great. It has VGA and DVI.

Ignore the picture, it’s a monitor, not just the stand.

Would this be a good choice for an Unraid build in a node804 case?

I think I did better on that one a couple of days ago …
X9SCM-F
E3-1270v2
8gb DDR3
79$us and shipping was really reasonnable to Canada…

Will be a nice upgrade on my unraid box currently running a pentium g3220…

Anyone have links to additional RAM if I wanted to add to it. Not having luck looking for 204 pin ECC UDIMM ram.

Edit: Mthrboard helped me out on the discord. Needs unbuffered ram

https://www.newegg.com/transcend-4gb-240-pin-ddr3-sdram/p/N82E16820208899

Don’t take it to court but this is the ram that is pictured in the listing. It’s 240 pin.

This is what I just ordered…hoping it works

Also does this board need a cpu cooler or is the heatsink + case fans enough?

Have about the same set up as you. I got the Thermaltake Gravity i2 since it’s low profile and cheap.

1 Like

You should be fine as long as the case fans keep up.

Seller done jacked his price up. I watched all last week, the listing said 5 sold…when I posted it here it ramped up to 27 sold in under a week.

Bummer. He accepted $60 from me just 2 days ago

Board arrived today…looks pristine. Don’t have all my parts to fire it up yet. Looks like it came with this:

Google tells me its a IPMI Chip, which would be a fantastic free unexpected addition. Am I right?

Question though, I see the board has 3 RJ-45 jacks, and the mobo labels them LAN1, LAN2, LAN3. The data sheet says “2x gigabit, 1x Management RJ-45”. I’ve never heard of a “management LAN” port before…Is this perhaps for the IPMI chip?

If thats the case, is there a guide somewhere to walk me through using it?